• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs win again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Beard

Yeahhh!
Tough run home though with the Bulls, Stormers, Canes and Brumbies to come especially with injuries or various severities to Masaga, Sivivatu, Leonard and citings for Kahui (this is a joke) and McGoughan (the bro is old school and does love to use his feet). I dont want to put the mockers on them but this season I really I think we can make the semis. Chiefs scrum pressured the much vaunted Cheetahs pack last night, huge improvement all season since being shamed by Baxter and co in Round Two. Foster emptied the banch and all the players barred up. It was a scratchy perofrmance but any win in the Republic is well earned and to be celebrated especially if you are a Chiefs fan.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah you can't sniff at even if the Cheetahs aren't high on the table - they knocked the Sharks off last week after all and would have been full mongrel going into this one. For a fairly even percentage of possession the Chiefs had a stack more ruck and maul and looked like they were just keeping it simple - go forward, then go wide, take the points on offer.

Still, nervous times for the first hour I bet RB :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The first try was clearly not a try as the Chiefs player's foot hit the line. Up to that point I thought the ref had a great game but he bummed it not going upstairs. The Touchie looked so uncertain when he asked him if it was OK.

Anyway, Chiefs deserved to win.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats on your teams win Broer! Glad for your lot, I'll put my comments on the Chiefs SA thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.