• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Choosing a ITM team to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have a soft spot for the Tasman Makos. They live in a beautiful part of a beautiful country. I understand Peter Betham (Melbourne Rebels, Sydney University) is playing in the ITM cup for them.

And, of course, I'll be supporting Northland as well this year! Go Tui!

Great result for the Makos tonight against a strong Canterbury side! 25-22 to the Makos. Peter Betham wore the 14 shirt for Tasman.

Now for Northland to shake up Otago tomorrow, the Wallabies to find something tomorrow night, and the Mighty Two Blues to finish off a great weekend of Rugby.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Waikato report is completely accurate and no bias went into it. Messam, TKB are two more recent names.

Counties-Manukau - Fritz Lee, Tim Nanai-Williams, coached by Tana Umaga, Kieran Read was poached from there...

BOPensioners - Sam Cane, Brodie and Callum Retallick and others

Hawkes Bay - Hika Elliot, Izzy Dagg, Zac the Drunk... Others.

The Aarons aren't playing for the Manawatu Turbos this year because they are with the AB's most of the time - with the exception being next weekend I think. All the Whitelocks are from there.

Everyone hates Canterbury and we all hope the wheels fall off asap. Deans is of their ilk.

Reactions: ACR

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Manawatu are good to watch with Smith and Cruden in the halves

Is Rennie coaching them again this year?
Refer previous post and - No, once our coaches make it to Super level they spend all their time on that. Rennie and Smith and are watching ITM Cup, and there is a Chiefs U18 squad doing something somewhere I think.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Noticed Jeremy Sua playing for the Tasman Makos. Jeremy is a former Two Blues junior, who also played for Penrith and Wests. An Australia Schools selection, he was also in the Waratahs academy for a while (if memory serves) but most notably was a member of Samoa's team in the last World Cup. A handy player looking for a home, so to speak.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I reckon an Aussie could do worse than adopt the Makos. They just had a spirited win against Canterbury and put up a great challenge for the Ranfurly Shield. If I wasn't already attached (unfortunately as it turns out) I'd be looking at them.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yeah there are no reasons why anyone shouldn't support the Saderbitches and the unholy alliance. *muttergrumble*

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
With a limited knowledge on NPC rugby, I enjoy just backing the underdog. You just sit back and enjoy the rugby. I am loving the ITM cup.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guide updated on front page of thread with latest edits. Thanx.

Only thing wrong with the ITM is the games we are missing by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.