• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CHS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
At the risk of some arrogance AICES and Cnty Schools are the only "easy" games at U16's, even then they can surprise teams who take them lightly.

GPS A are always a quality team.

CAS, ISA, CCC, GPB B and CHS standards vary from year to year depending on the cohort. Games against these will always be tough.

If GPS A and GPS B are legitimately the best two teams then I have no difficulty in them playing off in the Gold medal match.

They seldom are the top two teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone game to list their CHS I's team?
To assist prospective Selectors, I have listed the squad with some of the positions for the players that I know of, or have been deduced from Gaggerland banter. No guarantee that these are correct.

U18's
H BROWN Alstonville HS - CHS 2012 #14/#13
B CRERAR Balgowlah Boys HS - #10 NSW Schools U16 2012
D FLEMMING Brisbane Waters SC Woy Woy - CHS 2012 #8
L VITALE Brisbane Waters SC Woy Woy - Loose Forward/#8
E CRAIG Epping BHS #2
J FOURACRE Eaglevale HS
B PAENGA-AMOSA Endeavour SHS - #7 CHS 2012
R WARREN-VOSAYACO Endeavour SHS - CHS 2012 #12
T TAMOU Endeavour SHS #9
G BROWN Endeavour SHS
J WHELAN Endeavour SHS
D JENKINS Farrer Memorial Ag HS
P IVIC Hunter SHS Prop
S HEFRON Hunter SHS #8
J O'BRIEN Kincumber HS - Centre
R SCHREUDER Kirrawee HS
J COOK Liasrow HS
W FINLAY Lisarow HS Second Row/#6
H LIND Merewether HS
B WALSH Merewether HS
B KOVAC Muirfield HS - Hooker
R MANWARING Murrumburrah HS - Fullback
D WILSON Narrabri HS
P BRADFORD Hunter SHS
P VAAI Airds HS
A VATUVEI Sarah Redfern HS - 2nd Row - NSW Schools U16
K BONIN Smiths Hill HS - 2nd Row
D COX Terrigal HS
O SIALE Hills SHS - Wing
AJ FINOTTI Hills SHS
H ROWE Hills SHS
P HAFOKA Hills SHS
C ASMUS Hills SHS
C SKELTON Hills SHS - 2nd Row
J VAINIKOLO TLSC The Entrance CHS 2012 2nd Row
A CARRIGG TLSC The Entrance #6
O TAKIVEIKATA Westfields SHS - Hooker
J STEADMAN Westfields SHS
C TAKAU Westfields SHS
A DELORE Whitebridge HS - #9 CHS 2012

Edit: Changes as per Rugby Mum Archive Research

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Anyone game to list their CHS I's team?
To assist prospective Selectors, I have listed the squad with some of the positions for the players that I know of, or have been deduced from Gaggerland banter. No guarantee that these are correct.

Looking through the 2012 program's :NSWSRU U16 & U18 Trials, City V Country 2012, and NSW JRU State Champs, I have found the following names and positions as of last year. Some names don't appear in any program's, that I could find **

U18's
H BROWN #14,13
B CRERAR #10
D FLEMMING #8
L VITALE #6,7,8
E CRAIG #2
** J FOURACRE
B PAENGA-AMOSA - #7
R WARREN-VOSAYACO #12
T TAMOU #9
**G BROWN
**J WHELAN
**D JENKINS
P IVIC #1,3
S HEFRON #8
**J O'BRIEN Centre
**R SCHREUDER Kirrawee HS
**J COOK Liasrow HS
W FINLAY #4,5,6
**H LIND Merewether HS
**B WALSH Merewether HS
B KOVAC - Hooker
**R MANWARING Murrumburrah HS - Fullback
**D WILSON Narrabri HS
**P BRADFORD Hunter SHS
**P VAAI Airds HS
A VATUVEI - 2nd Row
K BONIN #4,5
**D COX Terrigal HS
**O SIALE - Wing
**AJ FINOTTI Hills SHS
**H ROWE Hills SHS
**P HAFOKA Hills SHS
**C ASMUS Hills SHS
C SKELTON Hills SHS - 2nd Row
J VAINIKOLO #5
A CARRIGG #6
O TAKIVEIKATA - Hooker
**J STEADMAN Westfields SHS
**C TAKAU Westfields SHS
A DELORE - #9

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Rugby Mum, there is a culling process as Gooner has outlined above for CHS U16. Only one CHS team plays at Knox.

One assumes that last years format will more or less be followed, but the manual/draw has not been published yet.
I reckon:
Pool A
GPS A (Presidents A)
CCC
CAS
AICES

Pool B
CHS
ISA
GPS B (Presidents B)
Cnty Schools

is GPS only a 6 team comp at U16s, or is that only 1sts & 2nds?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Strictly only 6 to my understanding but I also understand that grammar kids are considered.
High is a bit of mystery because I see they were picked CHS.

just strikes me that an organisation with only 6 "communities" getting 30+ players in front of selectors is pretty good odds - not consistent with the "balance" that others endure

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There have been years where CAS have had a A and B team at NSW U16 champs. Same odds.

I think Presidents (GPS) have realised the importance of getting 46 of their U16's in front of the selectors for their marketing and credibility. The AAGPS Arms Race.

Pretty sure that the Presidents will not give up their advantage easily.

If not GPS B as the 8th team which association would you have fill out the 8th slot?

If AAGPS want to play cute and using the name Presidents XV as a disguise because there are no age group representative terms in AAGPS, then maybe Presidents A should be a GPS selection continuing to play the cute game of calling them Pressies, and Presidents B should be a genuine NSW Schools RU Presidents Selection comprising the Best JGS boys not already selected in a Schools Association team. Gives some meaning to the JGS programme.

Gooner

Allen Oxlade (6)
The CHS under 16 trials against CCC and AICES called off duty to weather today. Under 18 were being assessed later and if necessary play under flood light.

Shame for the boys that had to travel from far away.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
NSW CHS First XV - from 2 June Trials at Foreshaw Rugby Park
image.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks for the team lists Sideline Eye.

Was Sunday a total washout or did any games take place under lights as suggested?

Anyone going to Cranbrook today?

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Does anyone know the kick off times for today's games at cranbrook
I went to Forshaw last Sunday and once the rain eased up and the grounds pumps got rid of the water the ground was pretty dry especially for the main game plus the sun was out for a while
CHS 1 looked pretty good and after a spirited first 30 minutes by CCC the CHS team started to take control and there back row dominated and CHS ran away with a good win
The forwards look good but be interesting how the backs go against CAS
Defensively the CHS back look strong but to me look a bit one dimensional in attack.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Scores last Sunday at Foreshaw Park - CHS 2nds v AICES was about 63-0 to CHS. Score CHS 1sts was about 56-7 to CHS (but would have been 10 points or so more if the conversions had gone over). CHS looked good in both grades, but will need to be better for today's games re CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.