• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Conversation about IP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Can the mods do an IP search like on other forums I frequent? Dont want Wazimba to go, but would love to know who is really behind that handle. I will admit that he understands the need for moderation in posting crazy threads.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
stoff said:
Can the mods do an IP search like on other forums I frequent? Dont want Wazimba to go, but would love to know who is really behind that handle. I will admit that he understands the need for moderation in posting crazy threads.

I mentioned it before, dont know if the search was ever carried out.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
DPK said:
stoff said:

Mods asleep at the wheel, eh? Who knows who we'll check out next, boys! We try very hard to be open, democratic and accountable, but not every conversation or decision is made in public.

OK?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scarfman said:
DPK said:
stoff said:

Mods asleep at the wheel, eh? Who knows who we'll check out next, boys! We try very hard to be open, democratic and accountable, but not every conversation or decision is made in public.

OK?

I DEMAND transperency in the moderation of this forum!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Noddy said:
should we be IP searching everyone? And, what, just post them in some thread somewhere? I don't understand why you want this for him? What will it give you?

:nta: Umm... well, it's one way of finiding out whether Wazimba2K is someone's joke profile?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Wazimba2K market now open. He is:

Naza - 4/1
WaratahJ - 6/1
Biffo - 3/1
Reddy - 7/2
Tah Man - 25/1
Scarfman - 25/1
Bob Hawke - 50/1
John Howard - 100/1

I only take 10% margin on all bets. Cheap cheap. PM me.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
What is weird is that some of you think I don't run IP checks. Of course I do. On Wazza and on other people in this thread. I just don't publish that information. Knowing what I know, it is very unlikely that Wazza is another poster in disguise.

Aside from that, everyone is entitled to click the Report to Moderator button and say what they don't like. Personally, I feel that it is important to have a wide range of opinions. Wazza's posts might be a bit wild, but I reckon his point about Ioane is not so crazy as to be censored.

However, continually posting new threads is not good forum etiquete. Nobody seems to have noticed that as soon as this topic was started, I put Waz in the 'Special' category, which means that he is a full member except that he can't start threads. Waz is not the first to have this special status. You get a fair warning before I do it, and I usually remove it after a while.

So calm the fuck down bitches. O0

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Scarfman said:
I just don't publish that information. Knowing what I know,

Always thought there was something a bit downtown Stalingrad about you .

T

TOCC

i suspect that Wazza may actually be my alter-ego who logs on whilst im asleep, is there any way of checking this?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
TOCC said:
i suspect that Wazza may actually be my alter-ego who logs on whilst im asleep, is there any way of checking this?
There is no fight club

T

TOCC

Moses said:
TOCC said:
There is no fight club
thats what the guy at the servo said to me this morning as well???

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Blue said:

Naza - 4/1
WaratahJ - 6/1
Biffo - 10,000,000/1
Blue - 9,999,999/1
Reddy - 7/2
Tah Man - 25/1
Scarfman - 25/1
Bob Hawke - 50/1
John Howard - 100/1

I only take 10% margin on all bets. Cheap cheap. PM me.

Fixed

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Scarfman said:
What is weird is that some of you think I don't run IP checks. Of course I do. On Wazza and on other people in this thread. I just don't publish that information. Knowing what I know, it is very unlikely that Wazza is another poster in disguise.

Aside from that, everyone is entitled to click the Report to Moderator button and say what they don't like. Personally, I feel that it is important to have a wide range of opinions. Wazza's posts might be a bit wild, but I reckon his point about Ioane is not so crazy as to be censored.

However, continually posting new threads is not good forum etiquete. Nobody seems to have noticed that as soon as this topic was started, I put Waz in the 'Special' category, which means that he is a full member except that he can't start threads. Waz is not the first to have this special status. You get a fair warning before I do it, and I usually remove it after a while.

So calm the fuck down bitches. O0

now you know who i am....i will have to kill you....

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Blue said:

Naza - 4/1

I'm struggling to get time to even post on the forum, especially now that we've so many good posters who point out stuff you would've raised, let alone develop an alter ego.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The guy may be out there (Wazimba2K) but he is entitled to his point of view.
To censor him is a disgrace due to his view.
If the guy has something to say let him. If you don't agree post your view point.
Some of the pretentious bull shit I have read on this site by some posters is as bad as what Wazimba2K has posted.
Grow a set and harden up.
My 2 cents worth.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
HG said:
If the guy has something to say let him. If you don't agree post your view point.
Some of the pretentious bull shit I have read on this site by some posters is as bad as what Wazimba2K has posted.
My 2 cents worth.

Has anyone actually advocated censorship of Wazimba2K? IP Address disclosure isn't an issue of censorship, it's an issue of identification.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
DPK said:
HG said:
My 2 cents worth.

Has anyone actually advocated censorship of Wazimba2K? IP Address disclosure isn't an issue of censorship, it's an issue of identification.

And why should you want to know his identity?
Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.