• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cooper Vuna gets 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Melbourne Rebels winger Cooper Vuna has been banned for two weeks after pleading guilty to a dangerous tackle in his side's 43-12 Super Rugby loss to the Highlanders.

He was cited after the match in Invercargill on Friday night.

The incident happened midway through the second half, when Vuna lifted opposition winger Kade Poki, tipped him over and dropped him to the ground.

Personally I think he is very lucky. I thought it was a red card on the night, and probably the worst tip tackle this season. Given what Digby got I think 5 weeks would have been more appropriate.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Digby's prior record contributed to the length. Vuna is in his 2nd season. Agree it looked bad, Warburton like from the WC SF.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Cooper got lucky. Was thinking 3-4 weeks when I saw that tackle.

Lloyd, on the other hand, was unlucky to even get penalised, let alone cited or carded. He picked the player up but brought him down perfectly, was absolutely nothing in it.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Digby's prior record contributed to the length. Vuna is in his 2nd season. Agree it looked bad, Warburton like from the WC SF.

We've been through this - Digby got ONE WEEK for his priors. One week.

Digby's ban is still a joke compared to the other tip tackles so far. Either Digby was banned too long, or the others not enough. Take your pick, but it's probably more of the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.