• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Just Watched a Doco the other day about them, got a bit inspired.

Wondering if anyone thinks they'll make test match status one day?

Also would Like to know Whether people think that the Rugby World Cup or Cricket World Cup are the third biggest sports event in the world, some conflicting arguments out there.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Cricket Ireland are the poster child here for what you can do if you sit down and really seriously think about where you want to go and how you're going to get there. Great guys, and the sport is now very favourably regarded here. It'll never be anything other than a minority game - hell, rugby is the fourth game here, with maybe 20-25,000 registered adult players (and given that I know I'm still registered even though I'm retired, I'd reckon that means 15,000 playing adults, tops) - but they may yet make it to test level. I'd be delighted if they did.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Omar Henry (Bolands Cricket CEO) played for Ireland. Cant understand why Ierland dont take 7s rugby more serious?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Just Watched a Doco the other day about them, got a bit inspired.

Wondering if anyone thinks they'll make test match status one day?

Also would Like to know Whether people think that the Rugby World Cup or Cricket World Cup are the third biggest sports event in the world, some conflicting arguments out there.

Is that based on Indian viewers? The RWC would be shown in more countries but the cricket one might get more viewers due to how long it goes for. The last one in West Indies seem to go on for about a year.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Omar Henry (Bolands Cricket CEO) played for Ireland. Cant understand why Ierland dont take 7s rugby more serious?

Running around the place? Oom, let's put it this way. Remember the Emerging Boks v. Lions game, or the Munster v. Australia? Well, that wouldn't be unusual weather here during the rugby season.

Not what one would describe as conducive to slinging it wide and running it all the time, put it that way...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Couldn't you just run 7 forwards taking one out hit ups around the field?

M

macg101

recently heard from the top in IRFU that it doesn't have the resources for a 7's set up, full concentration on the 15 man union game im afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.