• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer of 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If Mitchell Marsh can bat like he did today in situations like he found himself in today, well, that'll do me.

Just noticed Smith got 162 and 52, both times not out. Excellent test for his batting average.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I had my doubts that he was ready and am willing to admit i'm wrong. Early days but he looks like a real test quality all-rounder.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I had my doubts that he was ready and am willing to admit i'm wrong. Early days but he looks like a real test quality all-rounder.

Very early days but he's batted maturely in this test. There is no doubt about his talent, but his body and mind have been the things in doubt. The body is good now and the mind is getting there too. We really need someone to nail down that six position, just like we do at three. Get that sorted out and we're going to be a very formidable team.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Twice in the last 10 or so years the side batting first has made 500 and lost in Adelaide. Looks like that will be 3 times shortly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
India should get slammed for the way they treated the last session. Disgraceful batting trying to win it. Take a draw away over a loss.

Sickening to see the praise going to Lyon.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What an awesome test to kick off the summer.

India should have won that, Kohli was superb and there were some unlucky decisions.

I also take back everything nasty I have said about Nathan Lyon, he stood up today, big time.

Few rotations for the next test are in order, I reckon we won't see Clarke until the CWC and Siddle was very, very, poor all test.

Something like this for Brisbane, limited changes:

Warner

Rogers/Cowan/Carters - Buck has averaged 22 since feb, Cowan (av. 65) and Carters (av. 48) coming off big domestic tons.

Watson

S.Marsh/Ferguson - F*** - anybody else??? Burns (av. 54), Voges (av. 101)?

Smith

M.Marsh - how a guy who averages 29 in FC cricket and hasn't taken a wicket in over 50 test overs is considered an all-rounder worthy of selection is beyond me. That said, we need stability so he stays for now

Haddin (C)

Johnson

Harris/Hilfenhaus - Like for like bowlers, Harris' body may need a break. Hilfy is coming off figures of 5/11.

Hazlewood - Roll the dice.

Lyon

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kohli, Saha and Sami's dismissals were disgraceful. They should get slammed for going for the win. People will praise them for it but it cost them a Test. Should've played for the draw since Tea.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Do you slam Clarke as well for the sporting declaration? Sides have made 400 in the 4th innings to win in Adelaide.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do you slam Clarke as well for the sporting declaration? Sides have made 400 in the 4th innings to win in Adelaide.

????? The highest was 233.

Edit: That's an Indian win. The highest is 302 by Aus then 239 by WI and then the 233.

Clarke's declaration put the game out of India's reach until Lyon bowled a typical shithouse 5th day performance. He only got lucky because India batted like fuckwits after Vijay went.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would drop Rogers for Marsh and move Watto back to opener and tell him he's on his last chance. Starc for Siddle.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Totally agree with India going for the win. They were, what, two down at tea? Definitely looking odds on to win at that stage too and batting beautifully. Kohli looked in complete command at pretty much every stage of his innings and we were starting to get a bit desperate. Had it been us in the same situation I would have wanted the boys to go for the win. Adelaide was the best opportunity for India to win and get ahead in the series, because the track there is the most suited to them. It certainly isn't the Gabba, which is up next.

Lyon copped some hammer but he also bowled some great deliveries too and good on Haddin for sticking with him. That was gutsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.