• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crowd Support for the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
We do. By the end of the season, we even had them on their feet occasionally. Hope is not lost.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The prices are absolutely ridiculous.

$117 for a silver section ticket is just plain rude really.

The ARU wants it both ways,they want to maximise the price(OK they are a business), but when things are going good & everyman & his dog wants to go, they restrict sales to the public & scalp them themselves thru corporates & travel co's.
I now only see the Wobblies live when interstate or OS.
Homebush was great for the Olympics but it sucks for Rugby.
A season pass for the Saders this year including this test match NZ $200.

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
Posted this elsewhere, twice, applies here too...
Have been wondering for a while about the lack of intensity not from the players this time, but from the crowd. Was at the Ireland game and the Irish supporters were amazing, definitely outenthused the Aus crowd. Why is it we sit, not proudly and loud in Gold, but donned in black coats with a dribble of gold over shoulders aka the scarf politely clapping? The guy who ran on the field at the end of the Ireland game got a more rousing cheer from the crowd than throughout the game, I guess it could have been the Irish once again. (Thinking he ran further than any of the Aus backline that night!!!)
And while on lack of atmosphere, why do we not utilise the Try/No Try technology? Disappointed when at the few Reds/Wallabies games I actually attend (damn distance) I have to look for the little guy to put his hand up and award the try. Would love to be able to respond like the League crowds do when the big green sign rolls around - only if in our favour of course!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The folks behind me and the boys at the Tahs games go ballistic at us when we stand up and cheer when a try is on. Fortunately they usually leave with about 20 minutes to go so they can beat the traffic. Good times.

You sit in front of Lee Grant? :)

F

fiona

I don't think it's just NSW crowds MrMouse. As BJ said, crowds are woefully boring in Canberra, and I've copped a few looks when standing to my feet screaming with joy (or despair). It always makes me wonder: why do they bother coming at all if it's not to cheer their team on?

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm a bad supporter, myself. I'm okay when the line-break happens, or when a try is on or scored, but other than that I don't know what I'm doing. Just randomly shouting seems annoying. I'd welcome some sort of song just so I can meaningfully contribute in those grey periods where a line-break/try isn't on but the game is. Having said that, it's hard to imagine a song I wouldn't feel like a total tit singing. Maybe something by Tom Waits?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think it's just NSW crowds MrMouse. As BJ said, crowds are woefully boring in Canberra, and I've copped a few looks when standing to my feet screaming with joy (or despair). It always makes me wonder: why do they bother coming at all if it's not to cheer their team on?
Social wankery? Dragged along by x/y/z? Free corporate tickets? But my #1 guess is social wankery.

These days people go to the theatre to talk and to sport to shut up, the world's arse up. All we can do is yell and scream and say fuck the snobs.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Could be worse. In the States all the sports arenas are ruined by jumbotrons, MCs and DJs... as well as fuckwit crowds. At least it's just the latter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.