• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dear Thomond ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep - even amateur level the refs have been told to crack right down on people flying into the ruck unbound to clean out with shoulder or hip. The result of which is going off your feet down the track but as one ref said to an ex-provincial bloke playing for our First Grade: "We all have to go to work on Monday"

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yep - even amateur level the refs have been told to crack right down on people flying into the ruck unbound to clean out with shoulder or hip. The result of which is going off your feet down the track but as one ref said to an ex-provincial bloke playing for our First Grade: "We all have to go to work on Monday"

I distinctly remember one such incident from an AB on the weekend. Dove in with the shoulder first to clean out at a ruck. Think it occurred near the start of the 2nd half. Of course the referee didn't pick it up. Clearly dangerous play.

But I was certainly screaming at the tv!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I must be the first to ever spot that..... ;)

He's a dirty bastard, but who wouldn't want him in their team?

Status
Not open for further replies.