• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Disco's player ratings Wallabies v Italy in Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
1.Ben Robinson, Brilliant again not just in the scrum but around the park also. (7.5)

2. Stephen Moore, was my man of the match best ball running forward we've got & his set piece was spot on. (9)

3.Al Baxter, Good in the scrum doesn't offer a lot around the park but is mistake free & makes his tackles (7)

4.James Horwill, Getting back to his 2008 form, does it all for a big man brilliant ball runner & great ball thief also (8)

5.Nathan Sharpe, Had a solid game was good when he played tight but for some reason he still wanted to slot in at flyhalf towards the end & throw cutouts to Drew Mitchell. (7)

6.Dean Mumm, Does the tough stuff, no frills mistake free & a great lineout option (7)

7.George Smith, Not a great game sometimes looked like he wanted a Lakers jersey, sure he made some great turnovers but way to loose & sloppy last night. (6)

8.Richard Brown, Not a good game at all, ran to high into contact & needs to concentrate on making the tackle before stealing the ball. (5)

9.Luke Burgess, "the enigma" If he could box kick & pass he would be the best halfback of all time. Backrower in halfbacks body. (5)

10. Matt Giteau, Solid as a rock. Goalkicking form slightly off but otherwise becoming the man. (8.5)

11.Drew Mitchell, very quiet game didn't see a lot of ball & didn't go looking. (5)

12.Berrick Barnes, No silly grubbers this week but for some reason wanted to throw miracle offloads lucky to have one pay off. (6)

13.Mortlock, Unstoppable at times ran straight & hard should of been given more ball true leader (8)

14.Lachie Turner, Looked dangerous until the head knock did everything right. (7)

15.JOC (James O'Connor), Well 3 tries in your run on debut can't ask for much more than that. (8)

16.TPN, One bad throw one loose carry, made his tackles otherwise. (5)

17.Ben Alexander, Our scrum didn't seem as strong when he came on & he didn't have many chances ball in hand. (5)
18.Peter Kimlin, I don't see him as a back up 6 better in the tight. (5)

19. David Pocock, His usually self making plenty of tackles missing none, not enough gametime (6)

21.Quade Cooper- Had enough minutes but out of position & the game never came to him (No rating)

22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Bombed a try with a poor offload to Mortlock made one good run but otherwise pretty quiet. (6)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't usually comment on there ratings postings, but agree that Moore was terrific. Now that TPN is throwing a bit better we have a good hooking duo there. Thought you under-rated Barnes but that is neither here nor there.

Brown and Mumm were quiet but that happens in some games. I remember a few times in my young days (as a flanker) running around the park all day and always missing the ball. They will have to step up though.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Brown and Mumm were quiet but that happens in some games. I remember a few times in my young days (as a flanker) running around the park all day and always missing the ball. They will have to step up though.

Brown more so than Mumm, Mumm is the quiet achiever who gets through a stack of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.