• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drua v Reds, Sat 3 Jun, 2:35PM

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm not sure JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) has ever been a great 10 and definitely not of late. Centre is where he should be. Have the Red's locked him in for next season after all those Force rumors?
Same as Gits Should have always played 12

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The Reds were woeful. Almost impossible to win that game though. I don't think any team wins it. The crowd is insane and the refereeing is definately one sided because of it.
Vunavalu. Why are we paying so much money to keep him in rugby. I would almost have Anderson and pinkas in front of him.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't think I'm on my own with red despondency. probably need to take a breathe and duly recognise performance.

Well done Drua. Fabulous job Mick. Into the finals and well deserved. Who knows even, riding a wave of optimism and come next week there are only two teams on the park. Go well.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah the Dura have been very good at home and claimed far bigger scalps over the season than the Reds. Dare say the Saders might even be a little about next week.

However doesn’t change how disappointed I am with the Reds yesterday. Lack of cohesion across the park, too much one out stuff and Hail Mary options taken. You beat the Dura by building pressure, being patient with the ball in hand and limiting their opportunities. The Reds were the opposite of that, it got embarrassing messy.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Yeah the Dura have been very good at home and claimed far bigger scalps over the season than the Reds. Dare say the Saders might even be a little about next week.

However doesn’t change how disappointed I am with the Reds yesterday. Lack of cohesion across the park, too much one out stuff and Hail Mary options taken. You beat the Dura by building pressure, being patient with the ball in hand and limiting their opportunities. The Reds were the opposite of that, it got embarrassing messy.
Appalling effort by reds - with our roster if only they played with the heart of the force they’d be top4. Whole programme needs review.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
A Shield/Cup model would be pretty easy with 12 teams. Bottom 6 play for the Shield (and some pride)
The bottom 6 teams don't deserve a shield just to preserve some pride, they had the regular season to achieve that, they should go back to club rugby and prove themselves a level above.

I should add, a top 8 finals format is reward mediocrity also

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
The bottom 6 teams don't deserve a shield just to preserve some pride, they had the regular season to achieve that, they should go back to club rugby and prove themselves a level above.

Yep - the Reds can win the comp and still end the season with more losses (9) than wins (8)

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Does anyone really want to see a team celebrate coming 7th?

*shrug* it was a response to the perpetual issue that most global sporting competitions have when it becomes nonviable for teams to make any finals series/palyoffs vs. all results having real impact until the last week.

8 making the finals is too much I agree. Hence the need for it to be 6 for a 12 team comp.

Also, I'm not sure proving themselves in club rugby is achieving much these days. Many of these AU SuperRugby players have done significant hours in clubland and it's not like the AU teams are significantly represented at the top of the table. I do agree that 15 games is too few however and some of these players just need to get more games into their year.