• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dubai 7's: December 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The HSBC World Series is back! Leg 1 is in Dubai on the first weekend in December.

Pool A: Fiji, Argentina, Wales, Canada
Pool B: South Africa, USA, Scotland, Uganda
Pool C: New Zealand, England, Samoa, Russia
Pool D: Australia, Kenya, France, Japan

The draw is here:

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/stage/1684/fixtures

Times are local, add five hours for AEDT or six for Banjo'clock.

Uganda are there by virtue of winning the Rugby Africa Sevens, beating Kenya & Zimbabwe along the way & Namibia in the Final.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Do as World Rugby does. List times in local and GMT, then let everybody else work out what that time actually is.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Really looking forward to the Sevens series starting up again.

Streams of Australian Players is ok, but I want my Jocks, my flying Fijians, and speedsters from all over the World.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
Really looking forward to the Sevens series starting up again.

Streams of Australian Players is ok, but I want my Jocks, my flying Fijians, and speedsters from all over the World.

Same here and really looking forward to the Sydney 7s. I hope Fox covers the game's well

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
this scheduled to start on the 2nd of December at 3:30pm on Fox Sports 2. You can find the listings on our online TV Guide here https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/search....

safe_image.php
TV Guide

FOXTEL.COM.AU

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A reminder that some 7's-specific trial laws will be in place this HSBC series:

Finals should last no longer than seven minutes each half (rationale is player welfare – the evidence shows that a disproportionate number of injuries take place in the second half of finals. Injuries per minute are higher in the second half of finals as opposed to the first half and throughout normal matches of seven minutes each way.)
• Referee Video Referral (RVR) to be taken out of on-field referees' hands with the ultimate decision being taken by the TMO – often difficult to see the screen and make a call. The RVR protocol remains unchanged. The TMO will be one of the pool of tournament referees
• The restart kick must be taken within 30 seconds of a penalty kick or dropped goal being attempted where the kick is successful or goes dead.
• Teams must form a lineout within 15 seconds from the time the referee indicates the place where the throw-in will take place.
• Teams must be ready to form a scrum within 15 seconds from the time the referee indicates the mark of the scrum.
• A penalty or free-kick must be taken within 30 seconds of being awarded.

As well as some that apply to both 7's & XV's but will be less noticeable in 7's, full listing here:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/world-rugby-announce-new-law-trials/

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Scott Riddell

2. Dougie Fife

3. Fraser Lyle

4. James Johnstone

5. Nick McLennan

6. Mark Robertson

7. Jamie Farndale

8. Joseva Nayacavou

9. George Horne

10. Scott Wight

11. James Fleming

12. Gavin Lowe

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is the broadcast just for the men's or the women's as well?

Womens comp starts Thursday & there's no FoxSports2 coverage listed until 14:50 Friday Banjo'clock so unless it's on the red button channel I'd say no Day 1 women's matches but maybe their Day 2 matches as there appear to be women's sessions in amongst the men's draw & AFAIK both are at the same venue.

http://www.worldrugby.org/fixtures

Find out for sure Friday arvo, I s'pose.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Men’s Referees: Richard Kelly (New Zealand), Jordan Way (Australia), Craig Evans (Wales), Rasta Rasivhenge (South Africa), Damián Schneider (Argentina), James Doleman (New Zealand), Nori Hashimoto (Japan), Jaco Kotze (South Africa), Richard Haughton (England)

Women’s Referees: Alhambra Nievas (Spain), Amy Perrett (Australia), Sara Cox (England), Sakurako Kawasaki (Japan), Beatrice Benvenuti (Italy), Aimee Barrett-Theron (South Africa), Ben Crouse (South Africa), Adam Jones (Wales)

T

TOCC

apparently its live on WorldRugby.org but i can't seem to find it

Status
Not open for further replies.