• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Eddie want to coach the Bokke

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Eddie Jones being coach at Saracens and Sail involved there and also with the Bulls & WP do give him a direct line with this two SA provinces. This mean he can tap into their talent and maybe involved with the two SA provinces coaches meaning we may see a lot of Eddie over the next three years. Myself only have respect for him in the way he help the Bokke win the WC in 2007 and even look comfortable with all the SA politics, exct. Look like the Bok coach job seem to interest him.
Rugby365
Springbok job excites Jones

Former Australian coach Eddie Jones has admitted the opportunity to coach South Africa one day would be a hard one to turn down.

Jones of course acted as Technical Advisor for the Springboks during their successful 2007 World Cup campaign and subsequently described the experience as one of the most enjoyable stages of his career.

While it seems unlikely that South Africa would embrace a forgein coach anytime soon, the current Saracens Director of Rugby said it would be one of those things he would need to think about were it to ever be on the table.

Speaking to the Citizen Jones said: "The honour to coach the Boks is a big one, but I'll definitely consider it if and when the time is right,

"At the moment I am in a three-year deal with Saracens but it definitely is something worth considering.

"I have coached the [Australia] national team, the Brumbies and the Reds.

"And I won't be interested in coaching the Waratahs or the Force. With only four regions in Australia the coaching possibilities are limited."
Cant see this happening tho with our politics but myself wont mind to see him here, surely he was like a fresh breeze to our lot. Myself also think that Plumtree doing a excellent job at the Sharks but surely if we want to see a future Saffer coach, a year or two futher Rassie Erasmus will be perfect for this job.

Cant understand why Eddie dont want to coach the Tahs. :nta:

W

whocares

I hope he tkes the Bokke job. Then we can sit back and watch them fall into shackels of over structured rugby.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sail who owe 50% of WP & Brutes and 20% of Saracens look like gettin a swopping of players one together. WP obvious not happy with that one because of the Brutes involvement. :lmao:

Anyway look like Eddie pull in Brendon Venter to help him with this and it will be interesting to see if something will come from this. Eddie spending some time in Bellville at WPs High Performance Centrum and impressed with the talent running around and the facilities available.

Status
Not open for further replies.