• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Knew there was something. Ospreys Saracens 2011. Gave ridiculous number of penalties for scrums and binned one player each side.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It was a massive call in the Ulster game and I was really angry about it at the time as it cost Ulster the game. But on reflection he got the call right especially in the context of the IRB trying to come down hard on such things.

Overall I don't think Garces is a great referee but being put in charge of a game between these 2 is a test for any referee's reputation.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Garces most recently refereed the NZ v Argentina match in NZ, and apart from the chargedown/knock-on mistake, was reasonable.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was a massive call in the Ulster game and I was really angry about it at the time as it cost Ulster the game. But on reflection he got the call right especially in the context of the IRB trying to come down hard on such things.

Overall I don't think Garces is a great referee but being put in charge of a game between these 2 is a test for any referee's reputation.
What's lacey like as ref? He's doing the other game

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The team I expect for the test (and my changes in brackets):

Slipper
Fainga'a
Kepu
Simmons
Carter
Jones
Hooper
McCalman
Phibbs
Foley
Beale (Tomane)
Ta'moo'ah
ACC
Speight
Faloua

Hanson, Robinson, Alexander (Faulkner), Skelton (Horwill), Horwill (Schatz), Ginea, Cooper, Horne

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Garces most recently refereed the NZ v Argentina match in NZ, and apart from the chargedown/knock-on mistake, was reasonable.

We had him last year against the boks in September, didn't we? Yellow card-a-thon.

That wasn't pretty, and the scrum....

I'm preparing my self righteous indignation in advance, it's too easy to go with numb acceptance in the wee hours.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That says to me TEN are only showing it because they are forced to. Trying to get out showing it if possible.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What's lacey like as ref? He's doing the other game

He's been pretty good. Doesn't make the headlines which is great for a ref. Best ref to come out of Ireland in quite some time. One is the plus column for ex-players becoming referees.

Now that I've said all that watch something go wrong at the weekend and him get branded the worst referee in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.