• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
KOB - FUCKING EXACTLY CORRECT
Except Beale he can go fuck himself. No respect for him. None and it's hard to support the coach when he doesn't care about the fans. Honestly it's a tough sell to keep both jobs for none Tahs fans. I know he won't mean to be bias but I can't think of any other coach who'd of brought him over. So as they call it.. 'A job for the boys' he definitely wouldn't have done it if say Beale played for the Reds last year.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What has transpired in the last month or two has well surpassed an 'off field incident'.

It's an overused expression but if what has happened with the Wallabies over the last little while, happened at the Reds I would be utterly gutted. No, actually I would be so far beyond utterly gutted. I don't know what I'd be.

As would I. I am only a half gutted Flathead still laying on the filleting board,and fully descaled - but I will recover.

Whilst criticism can be levelled at multiple persons I still support anything in green & gold, from Netball, Swimming, League, and even friggin' Soccer

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
There's a difference between supporting the Wallabies and supporting the 'suede elbow patch' institution that is the ARU..whilst I may not always agree with decisions of either, I'll always support the 23 blokes that run out in gold, whoever they are and whoever they are playing..

I will support my team unless they display values and behaviours not consistent with my ethics. To do otherwise is not being honest to myself. I have always been hypercritical of the All Blacks and the NZRU for continuing to select players like Richard Low and the adulation for Colin Meads. They were on field thugs and low lifes regardless of what they were like off field. I will not be a hypocrite and not require the same from the Wallabies with regard to off field behaviour.

As I've said before, Rugby is struggling in Australia, compromising standards is not a way to improvement.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't like this either. But the real stuff-up is in the resolution from a few weeks ago when Hawker and Pulver didn't get what they wanted. With Beale deemed eligible, this was always on the cards. And the outrage would have happened next year. I just don't see the urgency to get him over from a rugby POV, unless there are injury issues we are not being told about.
Clumsy stuff all around. Poor.

This is only on the cards because management is weak.
It's a no brainier.
Cheika says to Bill that he wants to bring KB (Kurtley Beale) over for the last 2 games.
Bill says,fuck off you named your squad,stick to it.
Simple.

For all his faults,no way would JON have allowed someone he wanted sacked in October,be added to a tour in November where there was no massive injury crisis.

Consensus management is fine up to a point,but leaders have to lead.

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I don't have any ties to any other nation (OK a touch of Germany and I have English roots 7 generations back - but I'm not going to support the soap dodgers!)..so I either support the Wallabies or I toss the sport all together..

If politics etc got too much in the way at the Tahs I could go support the Brumbies, or similarly at Easts I could go and support Randwick, etc, etc..at the moment I have more respect for the All Blacks than I do the Wallabies, but that doesn't mean they lose my support..

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I would prefer if Beale wasn't in the squad, but could at least justify his inclusion if we had several injuries, but we dont. Seems to me Cheika intends to play beale at some point instead of the guys that have been on tour for the last month. that's really disappointing if its true. Cheika seems to just want to look after his Tahs.

he knows that he is more likely to retain his starting 12 next year if he includes him in the squad this year. Cheika is doing what he thinks is best for the tahs and not the wallabies.

Who wants to wager that the backline against England wont look like this
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

T

Train Without a Station

This is only on the cards because management is weak.
It's a no brainier.
Cheika says to Bill that he wants to bring KB (Kurtley Beale) over for the last 2 games.
Bill says,fuck off you named your squad,stick to it.
Simple.

For all his faults,no way would JON have allowed someone he wanted sacked in October,be added to a tour in November where there was no massive injury crisis.

Consensus management is fine up to a point,but leaders have to lead.

How is Cheika as a coach not misguided for thinking it's right to pick him, knowing the ARU's hands are pretty much tied?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And what a fucking joke we should be getting excited about spanking the French. But the only fucking thing being talked about or written about is Beale ugly mug. I go to different sports sites and there it is staring me in the face. Cok

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would prefer if Beale wasn't in the squad, but could at least justify his inclusion if we had several injuries, but we dont. Seems to me Cheika intends to play beale at some point instead of the guys that have been on tour for the last month. that's really disappointing if its true. Cheika seems to just want to look after his Tahs.

he knows that he is more likely to retain his starting 12 next year if he includes him in the squad this year. Cheika is doing what he thinks is best for the tahs and not the wallabies.

Who wants to wager that the backline against England wont look like this
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

i picked a similar backline previously on this thread
had Alof Alofa on the other wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at OC

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Like I said. Different things for different people.
I don't want to get into it, because the reasons for my own decision are my own and shouldn't make one lick of difference to anyone else, but I will say that I am struggling to get behind a number of the 23 blokes in gold and the guy coaching them as well.
I appreciate that I may well be in the minority though.

I suspect it is a fast growing minority Scoey. I'm a bit with you. I will support the Wallabies so long as Beale is not in the team. If he is selected, that will be the end of my support for that/those particular game/s.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't have any ties to any other nation (OK a touch of Germany and I have English roots 7 generations back - but I'm not going to support the soap dodgers!)..so I either support the Wallabies or I toss the sport all together..

If politics etc got too much in the way at the Tahs I could go support the Brumbies, or similarly at Easts I could go and support Randwick, etc, etc..at the moment I have more respect for the All Blacks than I do the Wallabies, but that doesn't mean they lose my support..

mate, I also have had some English roots when I was a young bloke, and Kiwis, and some others - no need to skite !!!!!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I hope everyone is just having a troll, surely Beale isn't going over, FFS Aussie rugby takes some time to learn don't they??
And if Shatz is good enough to be a test player at top level, I would be very surprised, I actually like Shatz playing for Reds, but belive he one of these players who has found his level there as a good S15 player!

Fox sports were reporting on Beale this morning. I also rate Shatz but he isn't a like for like replacement for Higgers. More a McCalman type player in my view.

I would of liked to have seen them back some smokey's out of the NRC to send over. Holloway for Higgers and Kuindrani rather than Beale. Have a punt on these blokes and bring some good news stories to rugby.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
C'on guys and girls. The bloke has been fined, is contrite.
He hasn't been fined, he's been "fined".

No money changes hands for these sort of things. It's just for public consumption.

The contract will be renegotiated, with the "fine" added on and then taken off – so everyone's a winner.

Too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.