• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie - Life after the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The ARU seems to have made its position clear, if Deans wins everything this year, he keeps the job. If he doesn't, the position will become vacant. They would be silly to allow themselves to be stampeded into making a decision just because Link feels like a change.

Honestly, at this stage, I would prefer White, he just seems to be an absolutely exceptional coach.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Does Deans contract not expire after the Lions series? Its a big gamble from McKenzie if the Aussie job is his target!

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The ARU seems to have made its position clear, if Deans wins everything this year, he keeps the job.

What makes you think Deans needs to win anything to keep his job? Perhaps I'm lost through his re-appointment before the World Cup, the failure to "win the World Cup" as touted by the CEO and then slipping to third in the world rankings (amongst playing some of the worst rugby we've seen).

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Honestly, at this stage, I would prefer White, he just seems to be an absolutely exceptional coach.

Agree entirely, although it would be a great loss for the Brumbies.
After showing what he can do with the Brumbies, soon White will be in great demand from other rugby nations to lead their national teams (look at the way England is playing),
and the ARU just seem to be stupid enough to let him go somewhere else.
I don't want to start again with the "sack-Dean" mantra, but to be honest, he's been there for 5 or 6 years, won nothing, he should have been sacked after the world cup.
The ARU just don't have the balls to make hard decisions for the good of the Wallabies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
PS: good luck to Ewen.
he's been a great contributor to super rugby, his coaching at the Reds & Tahs has been top shelf.
It will be interesting to see how his departure from the Reds will affect coaching scenarios in Australia.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The one thing that I would be disappointed to see is if Link ends up coaching another international team and them beating us. Ireland has been mentioned.

I think both Link & Jake would be good for the Wallabies, but I think that both of them would have issues with the pollitical games that the ARU appears to like to play. I am guessing it will be a case of watch this space.......

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
With the Reds looking a bit wobbly, and the Brumbies awesome, Jake obviously looks to be rocketing up the charts at the moment. But wouldn't we have said the same about Link at the same point in his Reds tenure - about two years in?

Is there something in the wind at the moment? Didn't Jake mention just a few days ago that he had "unfinished business" at the international level? Obviously they both feel that now is the time to make their intentions known.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
All this may be academic anyway, with Dean not showing any intention to move on, and the ARU not showing any intention to move him on.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
He will probably know at the end of June what chance he has of getting the Wobs job. If half the rumours about how the ARU feel about Link are true Foley has a better chance.

My prediction: he will not get the Wallabies gig, goes to Ireland, they finish higher than us at the WC, gets the Lions gig and beats the darkness, 2 years later the ARU wake up to themselves and bring him back and the Wallabies win the next 2 RWCs, he gets a knighthood.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
He will probably know at the end of June what chance he has of getting the Wobs job. If half the rumours about how the ARU feel about Link are true Foley has a better chance.

Whats the ARUs beef with link?

Status
Not open for further replies.