• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fainga'a Bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ive always thought the has been a bit of bias towards the Fa'ainga brothers in selctions primarily because of the name. In particular with Brumbies selection, i was very surprised when Colby started getting picked ahead of Hooper and i came to the conclusion that perhaps the name he carried gave him an edge in selections over other young players. Opinions?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Ive always thought the has been a bit of bias towards the Fa'ainga brothers in selctions primarily because of the name.

If Brumbies were selecting primarily based on names, I'd be picking Elvis every week. But the idea is ridiculous.

i was very surprised when Colby started getting picked ahead of Hooper

Were you still surprised when you saw them play? Colby will be close to the top in the end of year polling for Brumbies best forward.

gave him an edge in selections over other young players.

Hooper and Fainga'a are both born in 1991.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If the Fainga'a name carries so much weight in Brumby land then why did the twins move to the Reds? From what I recall Ant was unwanted and Saia wouldn't sign unless Ant was too. I thought it was silly at the time but they seem to be of great character. The more I see of them the more impressed I am. Their parents have done a wonderful job.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
If that were true, someone would have worked this out at the Brumbies by now. There would be a bunch of Brumby runners players called Max Fightmaster, Rad Heroman and Optimus Prime.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
If that were true, someone would have worked this out at the Brumbies by now. There would be a bunch of Brumby runners players called Max Fightmaster, Rad Heroman and Optimus Prime.

Yep - and Lix Lealiifano would get a run too.

T

TheNextBigThing

I think he means that the Rugby pedigree of the name means that Colby is favored in Brumbyland. It doesn't make the comment any less bizarre or unfair.
Using that logic though, Campese Ma'afu's got the right idea.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I must admit I have also been very surprised by selections, no doubt Colby has been one of the bumbies best forwards, but not as an openside. He has had plenty of starts this year however the brumbies have been very poor at the breakdown both in attack and defence. In my opinion hooper is the only genuine openside in the team and made a huge difference in his 3 starts. I think the question is more who should start out of Ita, Colby and other 6, 8's as they have played similar roles. The team can't function with all the backrow waiting to run the ball in the centres.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lets not crucify him fellers, he is new here.. (i remember my first post - a rant about the Tahs and 'boring rugby'... I waited so long for a reply and was laughed at for some spelling errors)

I must say towards the end of last year, I was surprised that Colby was picked ahead of Michael Hooper, but this year Colby has proved he deserved it.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Very droll Bruce - and he would probably have trouble with a drug test - just guessing.

What a silly thread. The best thing about it is Jets new avatar, though maybe that just me.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
the funniest thing will be if one of the fingers gets dropped or not offered a contract with qld if the other will have a sook and go with him again, women those boys, absolute women.

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
Very Stupid Thread this one......Colby clearly best Fainga'a in S15. bullshit to assume he's there only coz of surname, he's a champion that I believe/predict will become great Wallaby(much higher honours than Saia & Anthony). Has excellent work ethic & excellent attitude, very humble bloke too.

Colby Fainga'a to get Brumbies most improved if not best forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.