• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
im such an asshole-
im currently losing my cup 334-330
little does he know that when i get my automatic transfers for havin started blues and rebels players im gunna gain an extra 50 points >
if only i could see the poor blokes face when he realises what ive done

ps. dont get too comfortable funky squad~

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
- a tactic that while hilariously funny, does expose you to the risk of not being able to use your bench as its suppost to be used> which would be very costly if it backfired>
im sure everyones gunna do it now- but you've been warned>

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm losing to a guy who has made no transfers since round 2.

My opponent obviously has the same strategy: Select your xv at the very start and then just go along for the ride!

I did have a chuckle when I saw his captain was Delve, and his vice captain was Dan Carter. Although it was touch and go for a little while, even with his automatic transfers I managed to come out on top.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So, I won my cup round. Yay!!!!!! Just added pressure. Back below the 400 so all has returned to normal in the world.

What I am looking at this week is weeding out some aussies & in aussies in other positions looking ahead to rounds 16 & 17. I have issues in Scrum-half & Fly-half positions.

Scrum-half I currently have Genia & McKibbin. Which should I drop & which non-aussie should I pick up?
Fly-half - Currently have Lilo & Godwin. Who should I drop to replace with Anscombe? This may not happen this week.

I also hold Moore & Robinson as Hookers but thinking that I will drop Moore to free up some cash & pick up Fourie.

Any help greatfully appreciated.....

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So, I won my cup round. Yay!!!!!! Just added pressure. Back below the 400 so all has returned to normal in the world.

What I am looking at this week is weeding out some aussies & in aussies in other positions looking ahead to rounds 16 & 17. I have issues in Scrum-half & Fly-half positions.

Scrum-half I currently have Genia & McKibbin. Which should I drop & which non-aussie should I pick up?
Fly-half - Currently have Lilo & Godwin. Who should I drop to replace with Anscombe? This may not happen this week.

I also hold Moore & Robinson as Hookers but thinking that I will drop Moore to free up some cash & pick up Fourie.

Any help greatfully appreciated...
I wrote an article on how to survive those rounds but I've been asked to not link to it on the forums. I'll send you the link in a private message.

Scrumhalf - gotta drop Genia, too much money for not enough bang. I'd go for Cobus Reinach or Sarel Pretorius.

Fly Half - Godwin is the goods when he plays, but he won't be this week (I think), so drop him for now and grab Anscombe.

In the end I'm going to drop Moore for Fourie because of the whole wallabies internment camp. Sounds good.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks RC. Godwin had last week off didn't he? Thought that he might be back, unless he is injured rather than just being rested.......

Not going Sarel, just got rid on him recently and I don't think he is enough bang for buck either...... Cobus might be the go.

Any which way I will tell you. Cause whoever I drop will have a blinder & who ever I pick-up will crash & burn.....

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The strategy I've settled upon for rounds 17,18,19 is based on Occam's Razor. I will be going into round 16 with the strongest team available (in my opinion anyway) - which as it stands at the moment will include only 6 run-on Australians (not including Slipper/Gill/Genia because they also have the bye in round 17) who should be available in round 17. For round 17 I will draft in 6 Australians to complement the 6 run-ons already playing. I am thinking that the 3 positions I will sacrifice will be scrum half/lock/centre. On averages I should drop about 70 points. However round 18 I will be back to my full strength side.

The upside to this strategy is that I am not compromising my team in the rounds leading up to round 17, and should make up some ground in those teams that start drafting in Australians early. Likewise come round 18 I will also be able to make ground on those teams which are now moving Australians out.

Sounds good in theory

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
My opponent this week HAS to spend two transfers in the back three and is otherwise an average team. I might be okay.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Team for the week:
S. Ferriara, O. Franks (B. Franks)
S. Moore (J. Parsons)
S. Luatua, P. Kimlin (B. Thorn)
W. van der Walt, P. Labuschagne, G. Smith (B. Shields)
A. Pulu (S. Pretorius)
G. Anscombe (B. Barrett)
J. Sefontain, R. Ebersohn (F. Saili)
I. Folau, B. Foley, C. Piatau (H. Speight)

Next week:
Droping Shields, Saili, Speight
Getting du Preez, O'Connor, Pietersen

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Now that Jordaan is injured for the rest of the season, and Saili suffering from form and off field issues, Serfontein is the cheap in form centre!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Feels like a stock market where everyone is yelling "SELL!" at Jordaan and Saili and "BUY!" at Serfontein.

Im missing something here, to be fair I dont see many SA games - but why Serfontein? I see his stats look ok, but how does he look on the paddock?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My team is currently:

P: Angus Ta'avao, Ben Franks, (Owen Franks)
H: Stephen Moore, (Ged Robinson)
L: Hugh Pyle, Rob Simmons, (Rynier Bernado)
BR: Liam Messam, Pieter Labuschagne, George Whitelock, (Marcel Coetzee)
HB: Alby Mathewson, (Nic White)
5/8: Christian Lealiifano, (George Catrakilis)
C: James O'Connor, Robert Ebersohn, (Chris Tuatara-Morrison)
OB: Charles Piutau, Bernard Foley, Henry Speight, (Ben Smith)

I still have one transfer left this week.

Next week the Cheetahs have the bye but hopefully Coetzee is back in the Sharks starting team so I don't have to transfer Labuschagne out. I will definitely need to transfer Robert Ebersohn for someone.

The week after, the Bulls, Crusaders and Brumbies have the bye so I will need to deal with the following:

Owen Franks - if Ben Franks and Angus Ta'avao are playing and doing decently I don't need to transfer him out.
Stephen Moore - can move to the bench for Ged Robinson
George Whitelock - can hopefully move to the bench and I'll finally trade out Messam who hasn't been doing overly well this season.
Christian Lealiifano - will need to transfer him out. Possibly for Anscombe or another suggestion?
Henry Speight - can hopefully move to the bench if Piutau, Foley and Smith are all playing.

I still have my wildcard up my sleeve but want to save it for now. Hopefully next week my only forced transfer is Ebersohn so I can use the other two transfers to improve a couple of duds.

Any thoughts? I won my first Challenge round by the way.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think this is getting harder each week. Moved up in the G&GR League last week though to 6th.

The thing that I struggle with making choices based on my head and not my heart. I HATE picking players who are playing against the Blues and I just have a dislike for some players so I won't pick them eg. James Slipper. (I don't know why I don't like him but I do.....Higgers is another one, M Steyn too)

I really want a Crusader in my backs somewhere but not sure where to fit him in. Who do I drop and who do I pick?

At the moment I have:

O Franks, S Moore, S Ferreira
S Luatua, S Whitelock
G Smith, P Labuschagne, J Englebrecht
J Veermak
C Lealiifano
C Smith, R Kahui
R Ranger, F Halai, L Masaga

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.