• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How late are you guys leaving it until you start bringing on to your benches Australian players for round 16?
For example, might overlook O'Connor for Horne, and Slipper for Ta'avao, even though the latter players of both examples are doing very, very well.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I notice the guys making lot of tackles getting decent points. So Kings loosies against Waratahs look good for this weekend.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
How late are you guys leaving it until you start bringing on to your benches Australian players for round 16?
For example, might overlook O'Connor for Horne, and Slipper for Ta'avao, even though the latter players of both examples are doing very, very well.

I'm starting to look at the odd option on my bench, but not at the cost of the overall quality of my team. Don't forget the Reds aren't playing in the Australian games either.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Only because I have too much time on my hands I have worked out the number of minutes played per tackle for a selection of Props and Hookers

Slipper 1 tackle every 6 minutes
Cowan 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Coenie 1 tackle every 7.5 minutes
Ferriera 1 tackle every 6.8 minutes
B Franks 1 tackles every 7 minutes
Alexander 1 tackle every 10 minutes
Taavo 1 tackle every 6 minutes
Afeaki 1 tackle every 5.5 minutes (this was only in the 4 games he played 80 minutes)

Moore 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Robinson 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Fourie 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Strauss 1 tackle every 15 minutes
Fainga'a 1 tackle every 7.5 minutes

Make of that what you will - Strauss must have a pretty easy time of it wandering around the paddock thinking up stuff to do because he's bored. Fainga'a tends not to play full games, more around 50-60 minutes

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Only because I have too much time on my hands I have worked out the number of minutes played per tackle for a selection of Props and Hookers

Slipper 1 tackle every 6 minutes
Cowan 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Coenie 1 tackle every 7.5 minutes
Ferriera 1 tackle every 6.8 minutes
B Franks 1 tackles every 7 minutes
Alexander 1 tackle every 10 minutes
Taavo 1 tackle every 6 minutes
Afeaki 1 tackle every 5.5 minutes (this was only in the 4 games he played 80 minutes)

Moore 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Robinson 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Fourie 1 tackle every 8 minutes
Strauss 1 tackle every 15 minutes
Fainga'a 1 tackle every 7.5 minutes

Make of that what you will - Strauss must have a pretty easy time of it wandering around the paddock thinking up stuff to do because he's bored. Fainga'a tends not to play full games, more around 50-60 minutes
Man don't you know hookers by now. I did not play last year how did Tiaan Liebenberg do?
vlcsnap-2013-04-26-01h27m00s202_zps13e06e27.png

In the ruck opposite JP Pietersen. That is Mr. Liebenberg in the ruck.

vlcsnap-2013-04-26-01h27m13s107_zpseaa3e3a3.png

Sharks do some counter rucking and no 8 knock Liebenberg out the ruck. So he is no longer part of it. So what does he do? Get up and help the defense out?

vlcsnap-2013-04-26-01h27m36s70_zpsc6258cc2.png

There you can see him sitting on one knee. Sharks play it to Alberts as battering ram.
vlcsnap-2013-04-26-01h28m30s136_zps9124309f.png

Look at right hand corner MR Liebenberg casually walking back. What happened?

vlcsnap-2013-04-26-01h29m06s196_zps3ab87281.png

Defense was a man short of course where JP Pietersen scored. And that was something around the 50 minute mark! That is hookers!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wow, he's really got you fired up. These are this years stats, but last year when he was a fairly popular option he averaged a tackle every 7.5 minutes

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
And while we are doing the history lesson Bismark was every 8.5 minutes

And as a benchmark Lappies this year, makes one every 4.3 minutes

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Wow, he's really got you fired up. These are this years stats, but last year when he was a fairly popular option he averaged a tackle every 7.5 minutes
That is stats. Making a lot of tackles mean you can't hold on to possession or you play kick and chase. That is why SA teams will normally lead the line out stats and amount of tackles.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)

My thinking is to work in non-Reds Australian players as much as possible over the past few weeks and over the next several - i.e. if there are two players who you rate similarly, transfer in the Aussie - but not to the detriment of your squad. My hope is that in preparation for Round 17 only 4 of my 6 transfers will necessarily HAVE to be Aussies simply to field close to a full XV, leaving a few free in case of emergency regarding preparations for Rounds 18 and 19 - in other words, to have 9 or 10 Aussies already in the 23 going into Round 16 (when the Force also have the bye). Going into Round 18, presumably all 6 transfers will be used getting Aussies out of your team, so you will need to sort out potential injuries ahead of time - hence "in case of emergency."

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Fantasy Rugby Points per Game Wallabies team.

Just because I still have too much time on my hands I have compiled a Wallabies team based on their Points per Game average in Fantasy Rugby.

1. Cowan
2. Robinson
3. Slipper
4. Pyle
5. Simmons
6. Schatz
7. Smith
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Ioane
12. Horne
13. Oconnor
14. Speight
15. Folau

Yeh I know its a ridiculous benchmark to use etc. However of that 15 I would probably only look at 3 or 4 changes

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fantasy Rugby Points per Game Wallabies team.

Just because I still have too much time on my hands I have compiled a Wallabies team based on their Points per Game average in Fantasy Rugby.

1. Cowan
2. Robinson
3. Slipper
4. Pyle
5. Simmons
6. Schatz
7. Smith
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Ioane
12. Horne
13. Oconnor
14. Speight
15. Folau

Yeh I know its a ridiculous benchmark to use etc. However of that 15 I would probably only look at 3 or 4 changes

A brilliant example of how stats do not tell the whole story.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With Reinach out for the rest of the season, who is the best non-Australian scrumhalf for one's bench?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah, think I will go with TeeJay. Pretorius is still injured isn't he?
Anyway, bringing the dependable Arno Botha back into my team; despite the bye the following week. Kid's a beast.
And JOC (James O'Connor)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah, think I will go with TeeJay. Pretorius is still injured isn't he?
Anyway, bringing the dependable Arno Botha back into my team; despite the bye the following week. Kid's a beast.
And JOC (James O'Connor)
Botha on the bench

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
B Franks, P Cowan [S Ferreira]
G Robinson (C) [K Cooper]
P Steph Du Toit, S Luatua (V) [S Whitelock]
W van der Walt, G Smith, L Braid [P Labuschagne]
W Genia [C Reinach]
C Lealiifano [G Anscombe]
J O'Connor, R Horne [J Serfontein]
C Piutau, B Foley, B Smith/H Speight

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
B Franks, P Cowan [S Ferreira]
G Robinson (C) [K Cooper]
P Steph Du Toit, S Luatua (V) [S Whitelock]
W van der Walt, G Smith, L Braid [P Labuschagne]
W Genia [C Reinach]
C Lealiifano [G Anscombe]
J O'Connor, R Horne [J Serfontein]
C Piutau, B Foley, B Smith/H Speight

Im thinking Luatua and Piutua might have short games as they both had the flu during the week

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My team this week is:

P: Slipper, Ta'avao (B Franks)
H: Ged Robinson (c), (Moore)
L: Pyle, Simmons (Bernado)
BR: G Whitelock, J Englebrecht, Coetzee (Labuschagne)
HB: Mathewson (White)
5/8: Lealiifano (Catrakalis)
C: JOC (James O'Connor) (vc), Horne (R Ebersohn)
OB: Folau, Foley, Piutau (B Smith)

Betting big this week on the Tahs after drafting Horne in at centre and leaving Ben Smith on the bench to start Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.