• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Election 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Cut & Zip

rudd-gesture---cut-and-zip-data.gif

Locomotion

rudd-gesture---locomotion-data.gif

Cat Paw Double Swipe

rudd-gesture---cat-paw-double-swipe-data.gif

Fling

rudd-gesture---fling-data.gif

AFL Goal

rudd-gesture---afl-goal-data.gif

Cut, Cut, Cut

rudd-gesture---chop-data.gif

Blessing

rudd-gesture---blessing-data.gif

Big Fish

rudd-gesture---big-fish-data.gif

Boom, Boom, Boom

rudd-gesture---boomboomboom-data.gif

Bommyknocker

rudd-gesture---bommyknocker-data.gif

Casual Darts Throw

rudd-gesture---casual-dart-throw-data.gif

Destroy The Evidence

rudd-gesture---destroy-the-evidence-data.gif

Double Dead Spider

rudd-gesture---double-dead-spider-data.gif

Jazz Hands

rudd-gesture---jazz-hands-data.gif

Pinch

rudd-gesture---pinch-data.gif

Prices Are Down

rudd-gesture---prices-are-down-data.gif

Missing gestures?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...just-about-deserves-second-turn-lucky-no-more

The Economist weighs in. I won't quote the whole article as it will clog up the page.

The treasury announcement has an air of not wanting to piss off your new boss about it.
I think that's a bit harsh, they want to be seen as impartial and don't want their words twisted by either party.
I thought the line in the article,about our choice being either a leader with a flawed manifesto or a leader with a flawed personality,was a good one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My cousin (who is a journalist) was going through her old contacts list from around 2004 today and found the personal mobile numbers for Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. At that point as opposition MPs they could easily be contacted directly apparently.

She's assuming they're no longer current numbers but I plan on finding out later.

I'm going to text the number for Kevin and ask for a selfie. If Kevin still has that number I'm sure I'll get one back quickly!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
My cousin (who is a journalist) was going through her old contacts list from around 2004 today and found the personal mobile numbers for Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. At that point as opposition MPs they could easily be contacted directly apparently.

She's assuming they're no longer current numbers but I plan on finding out later.

I'm going to text the number for Kevin and ask for a selfie. If Kevin still has that number I'm sure I'll get one back quickly!
Make it your avatar. Go on, I dare you!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
These debates are pretty silly. But KRudd is romping in the last one. Interesting to see how the newspapers will report on that tomorrow, particularly news corp ones. Just to see how much they are willing to twist reality in order to push an agenda.

The Australian people have to shoulder the blame for this as they keep supporting this crap.

As one individual in the whole of Australian society. It is plain fucking depressing.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Reality can often be perception. Bias is in the eye of the beholder and for me bias is living well at the ABC. Hopefully it will be merged with SBS.

If I don't like Murdock I don't buy it. The ABC is funded out of taxes and needs to be without bias. Watch some presenters on News in the morning, Lateline and the 7.30 Report and one could wonder.

This is tin foil hat stuff this ABC left bias crap. The national broadcaster truly is the national broadcaster. They don't do a bad job at covering the broader social fabric of Australia. Take all the rural content they display for example. Hardly the place you would go to push a left agenda.

They will never keep everybody happy and that is impossible. It is one place where you can still get quality investigative journalism.

Peter Freedman

Frank Row (1)
I agree that this government deserves the humpty, but fear the only alternative will be even worse.

Abbott is an attack dog, not a leader. Kiwis only need to think of Trevor Mallard-who would want him leading NZ?

Peter Freedman

Frank Row (1)
This is tin foil hat stuff this ABC left bias crap. The national broadcaster truly is the national broadcaster. They don't do a bad job at covering the broader social fabric of Australia. Take all the rural content they display for example. Hardly the place you would go to push a left agenda.

They will never keep everybody happy and that is impossible. It is one place where you can still get quality investigative journalism.

I can never understand why conservatives claim the ABC has a left bias. Ask them for a concrete example and they can't produce one, but remain convinced, anyway.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can never understand why conservatives claim the ABC has a left bias. Ask them for a concrete example and they can't produce one, but remain convinced, anyway.

My initial comment was not about Landline etc but the news and current affairs shows. Those other programmes do great work and my money is welcomely given there.

As for examples , lets try the morning news program which has twice in the last year had the female co-host ( prefer not to name persons in forums) caught out. Once making finger gesture indicating he was nuts after an interview with Barnaby (could be he is) and the attack of a opposition spokes person about what is a tax when she was clearly incorrect.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Cut & Zip

rudd-gesture---cut-and-zip-data.gif

Locomotion

rudd-gesture---locomotion-data.gif

Cat Paw Double Swipe

rudd-gesture---cat-paw-double-swipe-data.gif

Fling

rudd-gesture---fling-data.gif

AFL Goal

rudd-gesture---afl-goal-data.gif

Cut, Cut, Cut

rudd-gesture---chop-data.gif

Blessing

rudd-gesture---blessing-data.gif

Big Fish

rudd-gesture---big-fish-data.gif

Boom, Boom, Boom

rudd-gesture---boomboomboom-data.gif

Bommyknocker

rudd-gesture---bommyknocker-data.gif

Casual Darts Throw

rudd-gesture---casual-dart-throw-data.gif

Destroy The Evidence

rudd-gesture---destroy-the-evidence-data.gif

Double Dead Spider

rudd-gesture---double-dead-spider-data.gif

Jazz Hands

rudd-gesture---jazz-hands-data.gif

Pinch

rudd-gesture---pinch-data.gif

Prices Are Down

rudd-gesture---prices-are-down-data.gif

Missing gestures?

Cut cut cut, looks more like a Billy Bowden six to me Boyo.

The gesture he is missing is the wank.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree that this government deserves the humpty, but fear the only alternative will be even worse.

Abbott is an attack dog, not a leader. Kiwis only need to think of Trevor Mallard-who would want him leading NZ?

Utter uninformed leftie drummed-up snot dribbling drivel.

Jesus the left in this country are bunch of softies. Someone tells it like it is and he's a bully. They seem to prefer serial liars to brutal honesty and conviction. Keep lying as long as you skirt the hard issues and she'll be right.

He is a man's man alright. But he has enough positive attributes and a strong team around him. I'll take it.

Six years of raving lunatics leading from the outer fringe with more factions than you can count in as many years beating each other senseless in the back rooms.

Even if he was an utter bastard (which he is not), the joint needs a tough leader with a reasonably unified mob behind him.

That's about 100% better than we've had for six very very long and destructive years.

I am sick to shit of this character assassination by the left because they have sweet firetruck all else to go on. He is a typical Alpha male type which I don't particularly enjoy but at this point in the political and economic cycle we need a bit of mongrel to get the thing back on track.

As for the ABC you are taking the piss right? That's akin to calling Murdoch's editor's leftie tree huggers and bunny fondlers.

They tow the party line especially when keeping to the left so if you can't see that I really can't help you.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Cut cut cut, looks more like a Billy Bowden six to me Boyo.

The gesture he is missing is the wank.

Are you sure that you are matching the caption with the correct image?

Hint: the correct image is below the caption.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Utter uninformed leftie drummed-up snot dribbling drivel.

Jesus the left in this country are bunch of softies. Someone tells it like it is and he's a bully. They seem to prefer serial liars to brutal honesty and conviction. Keep lying as long as you skirt the hard issues and she'll be right.

He is a man's man alright. But he has enough positive attributes and a strong team around him. I'll take it.

Six years of raving lunatics leading from the outer fringe with more factions than you can count in as many years beating each other senseless in the back rooms.

Even if he was an utter bastard (which he is not), the joint needs a tough leader with a reasonably unified mob behind him.

That's about 100% better than we've had for six very very long and destructive years.

I am sick to shit of this character assassination by the left because they have sweet firetruck all else to go on. He is a typical Alpha male type which I don't particularly enjoy but at this point in the political and economic cycle we need a bit of mongrel to get the thing back on track.

As for the ABC you are taking the piss right? That's akin to calling Murdoch's editor's leftie tree huggers and bunny fondlers.

They tow the party line especially when keeping to the left so if you can't see that I really can't help you.

I am no leftie softy but I worry Tony isn't tough or alpha enough to keep his mob united. He will win a huge mandate then we will expect him to implement his stupid boat buy back in Indonesia and the PPL and whatever other dumb shit he is promising. They cannot be that united.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

The problem with all of this is the labels "left" and "right" mean nothing. They are ill defined terms that only make sense in any context to the author.

To say the abc is biased to "the left", doesn't say anything significant.

The abc has a load of policies to ensure quality reporting, and if you can find examples of consistent violations of those principles then you might start to convince others that this trend does exist.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The problem with all of this is the labels "left" and "right" mean nothing. They are ill defined terms that only make sense in any context to the author.

To say the abc is biased to "the left", doesn't say anything significant.

The abc has a load of policies to ensure quality reporting, and if you can find examples of consistent violations of those principles then you might start to convince others that this trend does exist.

The last 2 hosts of the 7:30 Report have red hair. Red like communism. There is the proof.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.