• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fijian Latui v Kagifa Samoa —LIVE— Sat 18th

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Fantastic game, particularly for a season opener. Some errors and ill discipiline to start but it really delivered by the finish.

If Rapid Rugby can throw up more games like this, it's on a winner.

The TV coverage is improving also. Honed it some more from two months ago when the comp started and the broadcast hit a few wrong notes. Some of the player/crowd interviews still miss the mark, but overall more like 7 to 7.5 out of 10 now.

Yeah, I think the rules are good. Bugger all scrum resets, minimal time wasting. Excellent 95 meter run for power try. But the best try was just classic Fijian team ball playing.

I thought Kagifa played solid too. Almost had the win.

Check out the stats with just 2 kicks in general play from Latui over the 70 minutes.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Fijian, Samoan sides - add in Japan side (cough - Sunwolves and their attacking style of play which would suit rapid rugby), another oz side with the force (cough again - Western Sydney - come on Andrew Hore you know this is the investment no one from NSWRU or RA can make in Western Sydney) you have the makings for a good comp.

Did not know what to expect from Samoan side but they certainly got better and some pretty big units amongst that side that I would hate to be tacked by.