• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fijian Latui v Western Foce - Suva, Fiji - Sat 25 May 2019 - 11:10 AWST

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Team Announcement | Western Force vs Fijian Latui

May 23, 2019

The Western Force will unleash their own Pacific sensation with Fijian rugby sevens gold medallist Masivesi Dakuwaqa named on the wing for Saturday’s titanic battle against Fijian Latui at Churchill Park.
Dakuwaqa is a cult hero in his home country after helping Fiji win their first ever Olympic gold medal as part of the 2016 sevens side. This weekend however he will be helping plot the downfall of his fellow countrymen in what is shaping as one of the Force’s toughest battles this year.

Western Force head coach Tim Sampson has shuffled the decks for the club’s first Pacific Showcase match making nine changes to the squad that stepped out against the South China Tigers a fortnight ago in Hong Kong.

Swedish born prop Markus Vanzati will make his first start for the club with Chris Heiberg unavailable for selection due to a calf injury. He is joined by Chris Alcock with Tevin Ferris moving to the bench.
Dynamic fullback, Jack McGregor, returns to the starting XV replacing Clay Uyen who will play from the reserves.
Star playmaker Andrew Deegan has been named to start from the bench having recovered from a thumb injury sustained in March. His quick thinking and attacking mindset will be important against a Fijian Latui side full of scoring threats themselves.

Leading the team to a successful win against the South China Tigers in the last game of the Global Rapid Rugby Asia Showcase Series, USA Eagles key player Marcel Brache will captain the Force side once again.

With skipper Ian Prior still out of contention Sampson has again looked to the Fortescue Premier Grade competition for reinforcements, calling on UWA Rugby scrumhalf Rory O’Sullivan as back-up to Issak Fines.

In: Markus Vanzati, Masivesi Dakuwaqa, Harrison Lloyd, Andrew Deegan and Leon Power
Out: Chris Heiberg, Rod Davies, Rodney Iona, Ben Grant and Angus Taylor.
Uncapped: Rory O’Sullivan

https://www.westernforce.com.au/tea...LgQnTpVitq13vgMjGYpWmUX_G-9pE6xnlWIBB6NO-_wF4

Sadly this match IS NOT being broadcasted.
Pleased to see Dakuwaqa and Deegan back in the mix and the opportunity taken to expose local club rugby SH Rory O'Sullivan to rugby at another level.
I'm interested to see how Sampson uses his bench against the flying Fijians.

60719057_2278693268836076_654926141194240000_n.jpg

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fijian Latui working on defence and discipline after a lot of mistakes against Kagifa Samoa
Apenisa Waqairadovu - 22 May 2019

The Swire Shipping Fijian Latui are working on their defence, discipline and going into the breakdown ahead of this weekend’s match against the Western Force in the second round of the Rapid Rugby competition.

Coach, Senirusi Seruvakula admitted that the players made a lot of simple mistakes in the game against Kagifa Samoa last weekend which put them under pressure.

He says that its fairly good that they have played one game and have a fair idea on what needs to be amended ahead of their second match.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Shame it's not being televised at all. Last week's game was great to watch. Looking forward to next week though!

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gold medal hero returns home

Fijian powerhouse Masivesi Dakuwaqa has returned to his home country for the first time since moving to Perth over a year ago.

The 2016 Olympic gold medallist said the upcoming game against the Fijian Latui on Saturday is the one he has been looking forward to the most.
“I’m very excited to play this game. It’s probably the best game for me to play against my brothers,” he said.
“We’re going to work on a few things, and give it our best.”

Familiar with Fiji’s infamous playing style and structure, Dakuwaqa said the Force is prepared to take on the Pacific Island challengers.
“We’ve worked on our kicking, our set pieces, line speed and some of the rules,” Dakuwaqa said.
“I know many of the boys from back in the day and from high school. I went to high school with Vasikali Mudu.”

Dakuwaqa has been looking forward to returning home to see his family and friends and is proud to show off his country to his fellow teammates.
“It’s been around one year since I’ve been home to see my family and friends so I’m very excited. I am really looking forward to taking the boys to meet my family and friends and show them my home,” Dakuwaqa said.
“They should all be coming to the game, I’m hoping to see around 90 of them.”

The team visited Dakuwaqa’s home village Saunaka in Nadi on Friday afternoon.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/gol...0XVT6d33CMt6m6_GorFxMxDftfcSEyCFO0-7v3ImwK0cw

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Force providing much stiffer defence than the Kafiga last week forcing Fiji into pushing things a bit too much. Lots of ball missing the targets today.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Took a while for the WF to counter the early speed from Fiji but came back well before half-time.

61040275_828545170850230_4649853872368517120_n.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Could not watch the Fiji One live stream yesterday but noted the link provides a replay which I watched today. Kinda wish I didn't as was let down after last weeks great game between Fiji and Samoa. As other the strength of the Force set piece it was pretty bad game in terms of handling and unforced errors from both side that made for a pretty ordinary game of rugby.

Neither side should be happy with their performance for that match.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Минут десять исследовал материалы сети, при этом к своему восторгу заметил актуальный вебсайт. Вот ссылка:XXXXXX XXXXXXX Для нас этот сайт оказал незабываемое впечатление. До свидания!

For ten minutes he/i investigated the materialscontent of the network, while to his delight he noticed the current website. Here is the link: carding forum. For us, this site has made an unforgettable impression. Goodbye!

I SUGGEST DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. Google Carding Forum to know why.