• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v. Brumbies - R3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apparently the scans on Pat McCabe's neck have come back clear. Not sure what the damage was but if he cops one more knock around the neck area then surely it's game over

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Am I the only one that thinks it criminal the Brumbies did not walk away with the bonus point out of the game. The shot at goal on half time was poor. You blokes had them so stuffed it was almost a mere formality if you tried.

Foley really is the pits. You Fans need to stage a coo and run him out of town.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just re watching the game. Don't ask why. Coleman's try would I been worth a look. Not much in it wry touch and go with his foot in touch

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Am I the only one that thinks it criminal the Brumbies did not walk away with the bonus point out of the game. The shot at goal on half time was poor. You blokes had them so stuffed it was almost a mere formality if you tried.

Foley really is the pits. You Fans need to stage a coo and run him out of town.
The only criminal thing in the game was Moore not getting carded when the force were 2m out from scoring a try looking for quick ball and he had his hands in the ruck from the side then is offside and knocks the ball down. He committed 4 cynical penalties in 4 seconds. Should be in jail! Haha

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The only criminal thing in the game was Moore not getting carded when the force were 2m out from scoring a try looking for quick ball and he had his hands in the ruck from the side then is offside and knocks the ball down. He committed 4 cynical penalties in 4 seconds. Should be in jail! Haha

Not saying the ref was good. He was not good but it was not he that gave the Brumbies a 21 point start. You boys got the raw prawn in the second half when you started getting into the game without doubt but you spent the first half like the deer in the headlights.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Not saying the ref was good. He was not good but it was not he that gave the Brumbies a 21 point start. You boys got the raw prawn in the second half when you started getting into the game without doubt but you spent the first half like the deer in the headlights.
It was a shit performance. Even the second half was poor. I would say we played 20 min. The brumbies played 40. The other 20 was no ones.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)

BJ, it looked to me that the game plan was changed at half time. After lemons, the Brumbies kicked on first phase on every occasion I can recall only to have the Force return play to where the kick was made. It was a return to the worst of last week's play against the Reds. If it wasn't a change by the coaches, then Nic probably needs to be benched as a lesson. Their play in the first half was very encouraging with the ball being run from their own half on many occasions. That was good to see, and it should be the play for the whole game.

I also got the impression that Matty To'omua might have been carrying an injury in the second half. Never ran the ball when they did retain possession, and his defence definitely dropped off. Any news on him?
The halftime possession stats must have been 70/30 in favour of the BRumbies from the comments of the FOx commentary and the general run of play. The final stats had possession 51/49 Force which means they had a hell of a lot of ball in the second half and for a prolonged period the Brumbies were stuck in their own end, time in Force end minimal so naturally their tactics changed and they would have been stupid to not have. Every team in Super rugby kicks from their own half to try to gain territory even the Tahs. The field position and possession changed not the tactics.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The halftime possession stats must have been 70/30 in favour of the BRumbies from the comments of the FOx commentary and the general run of play. The final stats had possession 51/49 Force which means they had a hell of a lot of ball in the second half and for a prolonged period the Brumbies were stuck in their own end, time in Force end minimal so naturally their tactics changed and they would have been stupid to not have. Every team in Super rugby kicks from their own half to try to gain territory even the Tahs. The field position and possession changed not the tactics.

The Brumbies hardly kicked from their own territory at all in the first half. Ran it from deep at least as many times as they did kick. And look at how that half a game panned out. Second half they could have tried the same tactics but didn't. Ball kicked away on first phase almost every time. There is no wonder they had so little possession according to the stats.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't recall the Brumbies kicking any more than they did in the first half from within their own territory.........

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The first half reminded me of the last game of the 2008 Super Rugby season in Perth against the Brumbies. It is just a shame nothing stuck like it did in the second half then.

Status
Not open for further replies.