• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Brumbies - Round 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought Fardy was MOTM. Gets through a truck load of defense and offers plenty to the attack. Just as big a pest as Poey at the breakdown, and his offload to Matt To'omua to score was classic.

I would agree, except that he probably deserved a yellow card for repeated infringements. If it wasn't for Cubelli kicking the ball away he would have either got it there and then he infringed again soon after which probably should've been the last straw. That style of play is obviously encouraged by the coaching staff as it's been a hallmark of the lock/BSF for the ponies since White was the coach. Therefore he's a good team player but the deserved yellow counts against all the other good stuff in my opinion.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That style of play is obviously encouraged by the coaching staff as it's been a hallmark of the lock/BSF for the ponies since White was the coach. Therefore he's a good team player but the deserved yellow counts against all the other good stuff in my opinion.

I reckon even longer than that! The Brumbies have a history of pretty gnarly blindsides over the years (not that it's a bad thing necessarily).

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
An incomprehensible, incompetent and inconsistent effort of rugby refereeing by Andrew Lees and total lack of meaningful input by his three assistants – Damien Mitchelmore, Michael Hogan and Ian Smith.

I marvel at just how Force’s captain Matt Hodgson held things together – especially during the opening 20 minutes.

Lees’ efforts seemed to totally ignore all of the areas which had been stated would be a focus this year.

To name just a few (more will follow as I collect the remaining stats in a 2nd watching):
00:40 – Moore lays on a blatent no arms, shoulder charge clean-out .
01:00 – Clear forward pass by Brumbies right in front of AR.
17:46 – Head tackle on Pocock
17:56 – Moore head tackle on Coleman
19:11 – Round-house arm swing by Arnold which luckily missed DH-P.
30:25 – V clear knock-on by Moore not called
31:34 – Head tackle on Ainsley
32:21 – Very late tackle on Lance by Sio
44:13 – Tessman around head tackle on Pocock
71:06 – Fardy high tackle on Hodgson

A actually thought that after the first 2 rounds there was a genuine effort to stamp out shoulder charges and the head-high stuff that has the potential to cause serious injury.

If that was the case then nobody had informed Andrew Lees that that was the intent.

FOOTNOTE: Forgot to mention the inconsistency and randomness of his decision making at breakdown and scrums.
@SuperRugby @SuperRugbyAUS #Rugby360 looks like the crackdown on twisting the neck did not last too long https://t.co/zKbcIlj4p1

M

Moono75

Credit where it's due the Brumbies look like the form side this year. I enjoyed the game from the Force and there were a couple of good tries by the boys. I look forward to catching the replay on One HD Sunday to get a better idea of some of the calls and missed calls on the night.

The Force are trending in the right direction. Next couple of weeks will be interesting. Hopefully some team bonding on the road will deliver the results we need to keep in touch with the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.