• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
It's going to be a tough game this week and I'm not sure the Force are up for it after the last few games. The Bye has been playing well the last couple of weeks, taking on two and three teams each week.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They're a quality side, The Bye, always tough at home. We've just got to stick to our structures and keep that belief and we'll be fine.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We really don't have much to do with our time, do we? Haha.

Foley mentioned in the presser that Alby and Morahan might be back in the next four games. Sounded like it was more likely to be against the Lions in Perth. I got the impression that a handful of other guys (maybe Rasolea, Alcock or McMeniman) would be back after the 3 week Internationals break.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Up against a team hardened by the recent matches against the Saders, Lions and Rebels. They successfully managed to restrict all three to 0 comp points, such is their form of late.

The belief in this Force team is palpable now, though, and should carry them home against the stumbling block that is the Bye.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Poor bloody bye - has to face one more teams every bloody week, and only gets a break at each end of the competition.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Poor bloody bye - has to face one more teams every bloody week, and only gets a break at each end of the competition.

And some weeks it has to play more than one team!

Seriously though, can the Force go 5 at home against the BYE?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Geez fellas 9 posts into a Force thread, and no talk of Honey badgers, McCalman as the 2nd coming, Sharpie the sellout.... I'm a bit disappointed :)

Reactions: Tex

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Saving that for the Loins game. Hope those boys are all wearing boxes.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Alby was interviewed before the Bulls game and he said it was a 4-6 week injury, but he didn't look too happy either. Lions for him would be my guess.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are a couple of things that I really admire about The Bye.

They are totally committed to all rugby, at all levels with matches against The Bye across Australia. In saying that they also seem particularly committed to the grass roots development with most of their games being played in the lower grades.

The Bye has an impeccable discipline record, and this is right across the board, from their Professional Players in the SupeRugby down to those in the village park under 8's. There is yet to be a Send Off, let alone a Sin Bin against any player from The Bye. Very Impressive.

Never seen a player injured by an act of foul play initiated by a player from The Bye. Most injuries in games against The Bye are self inflicted.

There are no helicpoter parents in The Bye. Their players tend to be more resilient, not needing their parents presence to watch their every move.

The Bye parents are also very reluctant to get into the Rep Team Coaches and Selectors ears. I can not recall too many lads from The Bye being selected for higher representative honours. This does not seem to bother them and they turn our week in week out to play the game that is played in Heaven, in the manner and spirit that it should be played.

About the only controversy I have heard is from tme to time there is talk about their players being so far offside that they must have borrowed Sir Ritchie GOAT's Cloak of Invisibility. I've been to a few of The Bye Games and never seen any of their players ahead of the offside line, so I am not too sure what people are on about.

I'm not sure whether it is due to a tight fisted Treasurer or credit to their S&C Staff, but The Bye players seem to never need any strapping, pregame physio or massage.

There is never any mess in the space on the oval allocated to The Bye. Any mess that they generate is quickly picked up and removed. Their spectators are also known as being tidy.

While their spectators are generally few and far between, probably due to their horrible and seemingly endless winless streak, I've never heard any complaints about The Bye spectator behaviour, or littering.

If there is a black mark to note against them, The Bye is very reluctant to share any thing. I have never seen them loan any medical equipment, strapping tape, sock tape, $5 chemist mouthguards, drinks or anything. Their medical staff and runners will never treat any of the opposition wounded.

The Bye fans are notoriously tight fisted when it comes to Canteen and BBQ. When drawn against The Bye, most clubs have learned to simply cater for their own team and supporters. While on the subject, if you do get in a shout with them after the game, you can wait a long time for them to front up to the bar for their round.

The queue for service at the SFS (and most other venues) is non-existent, but this is generally matched by the level of the service.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Bye week is just about over so fingers crossed the Force are ok.

The Simpsons certainly understood the importance & intensity of the Bye week when they spoke about it in regards to the NFL.

"But now they must survive a harrowing bye week - that no one enjoys"

057.jpg

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
Well, what can I say? Another outstanding effort against the Bye! Maybe Hugh Jarse can give us a match report?

Status
Not open for further replies.