• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Highlanders 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Highlanders v Western Force

Friday, 3 June 2011 at Carisbrook Stadium, Dunedin (New Zealand)

Kick-off: 3.35pm (AWST) 5.35 (AEST)

1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tim Fairbrother
4. Sam Wykes
5. Nathan Sharpe (Captain)
6. Matt Hodgson
7. David Pocock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Mark Swanepoel
10. James Stannard
11. David Smith
12. Rory Sidey
13. Patrick Dellit
14. Alfie Mafi
15. Cameron Shepherd

Reserves

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Matt Dunning
18. Tom Hockings
19. Richard Brown
20. Chris Cottee
21. Mitch Inman
22. Nick Cummins

Alfie Mafi & Nick Cummins swap.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I can only assume Nick Cummins is being given a rest? Because he has been in good form.

I wouldn't count the Force out in this one, I think they'd have to be the unluckiest team in the comp, if games only went for 70 minutes they'd be doing alright haha

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I saw a stat the other day, where they were ahead in 9 games this season at the 65 minute mark. And they have 4 wins :(

On another side, Kieren Longbottom is starting to emerge as a good player. In a couple of years, he will be a real option for higher honours if he keeps it up.

R

Richard D. James

I saw a stat the other day, where they were ahead in 9 games this season at the 65 minute mark. And they have 4 wins :(

On another side, Kieren Longbottom is starting to emerge as a good player. In a couple of years, he will be a real option for higher honours if he keeps it up.

Longbottom is a local boy isn't he?

Have been impressed with him as well. Nothing flashy but he doesn't look out of place at this level and is improving. Good signs.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
What are the conditions forecast to be like? If it is dire, wet, cold, windy and miserable the Force could do this. Their forwards are quite strong and I liked the look of their new 9 and 10 combination last week.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
What are the conditions forecast to be like? If it is dire, wet, cold, windy and miserable the Force could do this. Their forwards are quite strong and I liked the look of their new 9 and 10 combination last week.

Mainly fine, 9-14C, some wind.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I would think a dry pitch suits the force more - the highlanders best aspect is a grinding forward play, even considering their vast improvement in the backs this year. JOC (James O'Connor) and Stannadr with shep and smith on the wings (plus cummins) have the potential to tear it up

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didn't work so well for the Landers last week, though, rsa. Force will need a strong all round game to take the Highlanders.

I'm actually hoping that the Force have a season like the Highlanders have had this year in the next few years; part giant killer, part finals contender.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good to see that Swanepoel and Stannard are being rewarded with another start. I assume the Force could have dragged JOC (James O'Connor) in for this one if desparate, but Woody is doing old mate Dingo a favour by giving him a rest before the international season kicks off.

It's tough being a Force supporter at the moment, one of my mates compared them to the Fremantle Dockers the other day, I nearly picked him up by his scrawny neck and dashed his brains out against the nearest brick pillar.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This resting of JOC (James O'Connor) is suspicious, I don't even remember him picking up an injury during the Brumbies game, he kicked the last goal... has he made up his mind yet?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
This resting of JOC (James O'Connor) is suspicious, I don't even remember him picking up an injury during the Brumbies game, he kicked the last goal... has he made up his mind yet?

Was thinking that this morning, we have been waiting a good few months now. I assume he'll announce at the end of the Force's season

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Some strange selections to my mind:
  1. Dunning has played really well this season and the Highlanders scrum is quite strong. This game would have suited him, particularly if the weather goes downhill.
  2. Inman on the bench?
  3. Cummins on the bench?
This game, to my mind looked very winnable for the Force. Most teams struggle to cover Thompson but the Force backrow is very strong. Take Thompson out of the equation and you are a long way along the road to winning. So why they are resting senior players when they've got so many injuries is a bit of a mystery.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd obviously love the Force to win this game because they are the team I support, but there are other reasons too: it helps the Tahs in their finals aspirations and it sticks it up Joseph a bit more.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Highlanders are Challenging the Brisbane Roar for ugliest playing strip in world sport with that effort.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, that green is a lot more pleasing on the eye than what the Reds are currently going with...

Status
Not open for further replies.