• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Highlanders at NIB - Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A match involving a Strayan team & no match thread? On Thursday? You blokes are lucky I'm not reporting you to Dismal :). Anyhoo, here's the match official & teams info:

Ref Shuhei Kubo
AR1 Ed Martin
AR2 Damon Murphy
TMO Ian Smith

Force

15 Luke Morahan, 14 Semisi Masirewa, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Bill Meakes (captain), 11 Alex Newsome, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Ian Prior, 8 Richard Hardwick, 7 Brynard Stander, 6 Ross Haylett-Petty, 5 Adam Coleman, 4 Richie Arnold, 3 Jermaine Ainsley, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Pek Cowan

Substitutes: 16 Anaru Rangi, 17 Francois van Wyk, 18 Tetera Faulkner, 19 Matt Philip, 20 Lewis Carmichael, 21 Isireli Naisarani, 22 Michael Ruru, 23 James Verity-Amm

Highlanders

15 Matt Faddes, 14 Patrick Osborne, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Richard Buckman, 11 Tevita Li, 10 Marty Banks, 9 Kayne Hammington, 8 Elliott Dixon (captain), 7 Dillon Hunt, 6 Garth Evans, 5 Tom Franklin, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Siate Tokolahi, 2 Liam Coltman, 1 Daniel Lienert-Brown

Substitutes: 16 Ash Dixon, 17 Aki Seiulu, 18 Guy Millar, 19 Joe Wheeler, 20 Jackson Hemopo, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Lima Sopoaga, 23 Rob Thompson

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
i just have to step one row back to sit in the covered and mainly empty corporate boxes(now,where is the ARU one?)

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
As mentioned the Force fans have their own forum over at twf.com.au so its not surprising their threads don't get much action.

Few things for this weekend:

+ Mrs. Hodgo has apparently gone on record on Facebook saying that Hodgo isn't injured. Has he fallen out of Wessels preferred 23? Is Wessels implementing some sort of strategy? Whats the go here?

+ Lance is out injured with a hand problem apparently. Grant to continue his form from the last game, or to return to his previous record?

+ Rain should suit the Force so they should be hoping the 1-2mm forecasted increases.

+ Stander isn't an open side flanker so Wessel's plan seems to be to forget about pilfering and instead win rucks and steal ball through big bodies shifting rocks at the ruck. If so, he's picked the players for it and the 6-2 bench should come in handy with Carmichael, Phillip and Naisarani to have a huge impact off the bench.

+ The "6" part of the bench has got me excited, but I'm not so keen on the "2" part. Interesting to have Masirewa starting over Verity-Amm, whose been pretty handy in his Super career thus far.

Anyway, rambling aside, this should be a cracker and if the Force played as they did last week they'll be in with a real shot.

Prediction: my man love for Richard Hardwick to continue growing exponentially and Force by 6.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Wessells playing silly buggers with the back row again. Worked a treat for him last week though.

lots of questions that arise from that team sheet.

has stander ever played 7
is hodgson injured
where is koteka
is hardwick's prefered position 7. why is he not there
has the coach had a look at burton and decided against him

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
9 and 10 are a bit of a worry. Fuckin screw it i hope they pump them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
lots of questions that arise from that team sheet.

has stander ever played 7
is hodgson injured
where is koteka
is hardwick's prefered position 7. why is he not there
has the coach had a look at burton and decided against him

I -think- Stander has played 7 earlier in the season.

Wondering where Koteka is myself.

Burton looked sub-par in his two(?) appearances this season.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Im not too concerned about the lack of a fetcher 7. The modern game has moved passed it. Most of the forwards should be able to fetch now. If you look at the ABs for instance, Coles plays as a mobile back rower who fetches as well as a 7. A back row of Stander, RHP and Hardwick is a very good back row, with Stander good at the loose stuff, RHP to act as a tighthead lock and Hardwick to punch holes in defence with straight running. And then all three are strong defenders who make a ton of tackles and get involved at the breakdown.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
2 or 4 wtf moments leading up to that try. Pretty lucky no knock on, no forward pass calls. Thought they collapsed the maul earlier though anyway.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Osbourne scores a 60m try and is rewarded by a sub at 45m.

Pissing down now with the score at 24 - 6. Force have a long way to come back, and losing balls from attacking mauls will not help.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Richie Arnold may get a 10 minute rest for a late no arms hit on Banks. Stupid.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Dumb yellow, no reason to do it, and easily could have not bothered.

Clan in again, this game is well past over in the pouring rain, 31 - 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.