• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Rebels Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match. EVER!
  2. Do not discuss other matches. EVER!
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Well I am hoping for a Rebels win here, no injury concerns and had a decent start to the season leading into the bye. Force with up and down form so no idea what we are going to get. As long as it's not another thrashing like last season.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Don't think I've ever been angrier after a game than I was after this game last year. That first 25 minutes or whatever it was before Neville and, I think, PAE got dragged were just disgraceful.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Should be an absolute humdinger. Both teams are working up a nice rivalry and this is probably the most even year for squads.

If Angus Cottrel is back I'll back the Force by 3. If not, I'm tipping a draw.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't think I've ever been angrier after a game than I was after this game last year. That first 25 minutes or whatever it was before Neville and, I think, PAE got dragged were just disgraceful.

Twas the Beef I think. Weeks kept his spot. Poor Beef. Looked good off the Bench against the Cheetahs, but then never picked up again after that demolicking. On a positive note, it really helped the development of Cruze.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^^^^
Not the reason he was never picked again.

Blame has to be on the coach, only played one game and rung the changes.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I get the back issues, but he played another 6 games after that, none of which really resembled the performances he'd had at the Not-Nots, Hawkes Bay, and even that Cheetahs game.

And TT does have to take blame for that, no question. Non-forced Squad Rotation comes when success and/or performance is there, not before.

M

Moono75

We can only hope the 36 degree temp forecast for Friday melts the Rebels. If everyone in Perth leaves their lights on we should be able to keep the temperature up around 36 at game time. What a cunning plan.

D

daz

During my brief period living in Perth in 2008-2011, I recall attending a few games at nib stadium and sitting on those wonderfully comfortable concrete steps in the general entry section.

I have only recently regained sensation in my buttocks, legs, feet and the tip of my old fella.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, there is only one thing better than watching the Force lose; it is watching the Force lose at home.

Rebels to smack down the Force, and create enormous wailing and gnashing of tooth within the local Saffa, Pom and Kiwi population of Perth.

:p

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
During my brief period living in Perth in 2008-2011, I recall attending a few games at nib stadium and sitting on those wonderfully comfortable concrete steps in the general entry section.

I have only recently regained sensation in my buttocks, legs, feet and the tip of my old fella.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, there is only one thing better than watching the Force lose; it is watching the Force lose at home.

Rebels to smack down the Force, and create enormous wailing and gnashing of tooth within the local Saffa, Pom and Kiwi population of Perth.

:p

Heh, like the last time you visited? It would've been the same wailing in Melbourne....if anyone there cared.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Twas the Beef I think. Weeks kept his spot. Poor Beef. Looked good off the Bench against the Cheetahs, but then never picked up again after that demolicking. On a positive note, it really helped the development of Cruze.

Yeah you're right. Watched it again. Lahiff and PAE were the starting props.

32-0 after 26 minutes. Lahiff and Neville dragged in the 27th. No more points conceded. It's mind-bogglingly awful rugby.

Lachie Mitchell was no good. I'm sure he's a great bloke, but he really wasn't up to it. Angus Roberts too, I'd almost forgotten about him.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Rebels injury Report: Nothing to report. Tom Kingston slowly packing his bags to move out of Team Rehab. Still, sounds like he will be there for a long time.

http://melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/club-warehouse-injury-report-round-5-2015

Patellar tendinitis is what he's got right? Not much you can do about it really, especially since it can so easily re-occur. I reckon if we were really struggling for depth they'd pump it full of cortisone and he'd be good to go on a week-to-week basis, but we've finally got some outside back cover and they can afford to take the time to get him right.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Patellar tendinitis is what he's got right? Not much you can do about it really, especially since it can so easily re-occur. I reckon if we were really struggling for depth they'd pump it full of cortisone and he'd be good to go on a week-to-week basis, but we've finally got some outside back cover and they can afford to take the time to get him right.

Yep, that's right. As someone who suffers through tendinitis (Achilles) I understand his pain (but not necessarily to his level). It really comes down to how he manages it. Maybe he can play and manage week-by-week, but I worry for his longevity in the code if he has to go through this. He is fairly young so he may get it to a manageable state. Certainly not writing him off as a spent force, but he certainly has a lot of competition for outside back spots. Good luck to the man...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any Force supporters want to come on the podcast tonight? Send me a private message if you are keen.

Recording at about 8:15pm Brisbane time.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
The game against the Brumbies gave me some hope... but the Rebels have looked good this season. Should be a tight one... but hope it is a repeat of last year!! Our lads should not have lost in Melbourne... cost us the finals... hopefully there is some inspiration there.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Congratulations to Luke Jones who will notch his 50th Rebels cap tomorrow night. He will be the fourth player to play 50 games for Rebels joining Hugh Pyle, Laurie Weeks and Lachlan Mitchell. (Rebels caps include match v British and Irish Lions).

Status
Not open for further replies.