• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lewis goes balls out, sets an absolutely blistering lap and scores the pole. Daniel Ricciardo starts P6. Race starts 10pm AEST

EDIT: Lewis also equals The Michael's record of 68 pole positions

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Lewis goes balls out, sets an absolutely blistering lap and scores the pole. Daniel Ricciardo starts P6. Race starts 10pm AEST

EDIT: Lewis also equals The Michael's record of 68 pole positions
Ricciardo out of sorts? Verstappen seems to have his measure.
Needs to get a drive with MB or Ferrari.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ricciardo out of sorts? Verstappen seems to have his measure.
Needs to get a drive with MB or Ferrari.

He seems to have gone off the boil in quali since Silverstone. Currently been outqualified 4-5 by Verstappen (not including ones where either of them has binned it). He seems superior in race trim though

Plus an aside - before the season, there were rumours that Seb had an option in his contract to move to Mercedes if the Ferrari was not good (obviously it was good and Seb re-signed with Ferrari). Ferrari (as per Mark Hughes) apparently managed to work a clause into Ricciardo's contract that if Seb left Ferrari, Ricciardo would move to the Scuderia

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He seems to have gone off the boil in quali since Silverstone. Currently been outqualified 4-5 by Verstappen (not including ones where either of them has binned it). He seems superior in race trim though

Plus an aside - before the season, there were rumours that Seb had an option in his contract to move to Mercedes if the Ferrari was not good (obviously it was good and Seb re-signed with Ferrari). Ferrari (as per Mark Hughes) apparently managed to work a clause into Ricciardo's contract that if Seb left Ferrari, Ricciardo would move to the Scuderia

I see.
So thats gone.
Wonder if Seb knew that and thats why he signed for 3 years.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I see.
So thats gone.
Wonder if Seb knew that and thats why he signed for 3 years.

I don't think so - Seb has said on many occasions he wants to win titles for Ferrari and emulate The Michael. So that's why he signed this deal.

I think it may be his last contract as well

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lewis P1 - Ricciardo P3.

Max another engine failure

Nando with no power and retirement

Perez trying to punt Ocon into the wall - twice

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What happened?

Was talking about The Michael. if I was him not sure I could have forgiven him for Adelaide.
More generally though, as much as I like Brundle, Hill is a former world champ and Brundle isn't - but you wouldn't know it to listen to them.
Lewis P1 - Ricciardo P3.

Max another engine failure

Nando with no power and retirement

Perez trying to punt Ocon into the wall - twice

Is it worth watching my recorded version?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Was talking about The Michael. if I was him not sure I could have forgiven him for Adelaide.
More generally though, as much as I like Brundle, Hill is a former world champ and Brundle isn't - but you wouldn't know it to listen to them.

Is it worth watching my recorded version?

Yeah I would watch it

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What do you think of the Perez/Ocon incidents?
Bizarre.
WHy don't they get disciplined by the FIA, never mind force India.
I find the engine issues fascinating - the Mercedes protege's in cars with other company's engines.
I can't see how Ricciardo is going to get a world championship at the moment: can you?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bizarre.
WHy don't they get disciplined by the FIA, never mind force India.
I find the engine issues fascinating - the Mercedes protege's in cars with other company's engines.
I can't see how Ricciardo is going to get a world championship at the moment: can you?

It is the FIA - the concept of consistency does not exist there.

Pascal Wehrlein is in the Sauber because of a lack of other seats

Unless Renault get their shit together, the next best chance is 2021 when the new engine regs come in.

The end of next year is gonna be massive for the driver market - Kimi will be out of contract

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So Ricciardo might get a chance at Ferrari - but Vettel isn't comfortable with him so I presume thats why he signed for 3 years: he's got a veto over Ricciardo I presume

If Kimi retires post-2018, Charles Leclerc may be the one to replace him (Sergio Marchionne, head of Ferrari speaks highly of him - there were rumours he was gonna go in the car next year as a rookie - Ferrari haven't had a rookie drive for them since 1972).

If that doesn't happen, they will probably put one of Perez, Grosjean, Magnussen or Sainz Jr in the car alongside Seb until they deem Leclerc is ready. If Seb retires anywhere between end of this year to the end of 2020, they will definitely target Ricciardo for the no. 1 seat

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If Kimi retires post-2018, Charles Leclerc may be the one to replace him (Sergio Marchionne, head of Ferrari speaks highly of him - there were rumours he was gonna go in the car next year as a rookie - Ferrari haven't had a rookie drive for them since 1972).

If that doesn't happen, they will probably put one of Perez, Grosjean, Magnussen or Sainz Jr in the car alongside Seb until they deem Leclerc is ready. If Seb retires anywhere between end of this year to the end of 2020, they will definitely target Ricciardo for the no. 1 seat

He needs to get that or MB or he'll never win it on my reading of the situation

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He needs to get that or MB or he'll never win it on my reading of the situation

I would expect the cars to become much closer in performance in the next 3 years. If Renault can deliver a better engine (the chassis will be strong - Newey will make sure of that) they could definitely be up there with Mercedes and Ferrari and out him in championship contention. Unfortunately, (unless RB move to a new engine supplier), if Renault can't get right up there with the Merc and Ferrari PU, your prediction will turn out correct

EDIT: rumour mill says Bottas to announce a new contract with Mercedes this week

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm going to go off:

Charlie, you and the FIA are a fucking joke. Cars have driven in far worse conditions, SO LET THEM OUT ON THE TRACK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.