• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Forum quoting etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Messieurs,

Could I suggest that some people could trim down their amount of quoting? Here's a couple of ideas:

(1) Edit the quote so that it just has the salient comment that you are responding to.

(2) Don't bother quoting them at all if your post immediately follows theirs.

No big deal, just trying to tidy up a bit.

Merci,
LE SCARF

R

rugbywhisperer

Scarfman said:
Messieurs,
Could I suggest that some people could trim down their amount of quoting? Here's a couple of ideas:
(1) Edit the quote so that it just has the salient comment that you are responding to.
Merci,
LE SCARF

oops sorry,
anyhow, just a thought - ave you hought of inverting the comments so that the most recent are on top - for us speed scrollers it would save time. :huxley

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Scarfman said:
Messieurs,

Merci,
LE SCARF

Does this apply to me?

I have no etiquette.

Le Blue

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Blue said:
Scarfman said:
Messieurs,

Merci,
LE SCARF

Does this apply to me?

I have no etiquette.

Le Blue

I can see that.

And by the way, when I was a lad, that dribbler Gordon Bray used to do all the calls. He always called France "le tricoleur," which I assumed might have been accurate. But he seems to be the only human to do so; everyone else calls them "les bleus." Anyone got clarification?

Status
Not open for further replies.