• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fotu Auelua - WC no 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Jetts, I don't think anyone is talkng about Sharpe not making the 'squad'. But he may lose his starting spot to Horwill and Vickers.

Fair enough.
I guess Vickerman and Horwill will have to do something pretty special in the next few weeks to overtake Sharpe (he is streaks ahead of both), but it is possible.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Horwill and sharpe are the form locks in australia. They prefer different sides of the scrum. Sharpe likes to call lineouts and Horwill doesn't. both like doing the tight stuff. seems like a match made in heaven to me. Vickerman would have to do something amazing to toss one of them out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Without taking into account match fitness I think it's quite likely Vicks could overtake Sharpe. He's a much better body mover than Sharpe and is just as good at the lineout. The whole package. Of course it all depends on how fit he gets. Deans will be aware of the scrum issue.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
qwerty mate, Vicks has a hell of a lot of work ahead of him to make the 3N squad. If he gets there, I would love to see him challenging for the top lock position. The more world class players the better.
But it is a long way off at the moment, he has had very little rugby under his belt.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Sharpe will be in the squad but the Wallabies can't win the RWC with him starting... he'll be in the mix just too old...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sharpe will be in the squad but the Wallabies can't win the RWC with him starting... he'll be in the mix just too old...
This is not the ACB we don't sack our best lock because he's had a few birthdays. My Reds heart hate to say it but Sharpe has been the best lock in this country for 2 years. And I don't think that is going to change in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom