• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia, Saturday 19 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Next break in play is it. 80:00 is up. Still scrummaging. Les Frogge hot on attack, 22 meters out.

Our replacement Front Row was given a lesson today.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
HJ let's not let facts and actual statistics get in the way with heaping praise on a Waratah.

KOB nobody said it wouldn't give players good experience.

That's not what test matches are for though....
Fuck me I was saying he was better and I admit it was premature. Hardly heaping praise on him.

No, I know that's not what test matches are for but he took a calculated gamble and it came off. Under the circumstances with a massive schedule ahead it proved to be the right call.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very, very lucky for the wallabies tbh.

Very disjointed (as expected), great try by TK and some of the guys will benefit from the experience.

I still maintain this was a bad call on the team selection, but then I am big (or little) enough to realise that may be why I am watching it from a couch instead of inside a box.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
A win is a win I guess. Very scrappy affair and I don't hold much hope for the Frenchies come 6 Nations time.

Also I thought Jackson was just as shambolic as both France and Australia. Strange non consistent calling especially around the ruck and maul. Also he called the 1st line out from the Wobs crooked then just ignored the rest, quite strange.

T

TOCC

Naivalu impressive on first real opportunity, deserves to keep his starting spot in place of Speight who is still a liability in defence..

Morohan showed why he should have been in the touring party to start with..

TK gets two thumbs up purely on that scoring effort in the corner

Pocock and Genia were immense

Latu 1 crooked throws and a few defensive errors, but not too bad overall. McMahon and Godwin didn't offer much

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very good win by the Wallabies. I think they were actually well served to have Foley starting ahead of Cooper to provide some great consistency.

Could have easily gone the other way with those last few ref calls and a very odd option by France.

Morahan the best of the 'replacements'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I love the narrative you try and create KOB.

"Massive schedule"?

The only difference to Cheika's last EOYT is that we play Scotland also.

The only difference to 2013 is that we play France instead of Italy.

This is not a "massive schedule". Just a standard 4-5 test EOYT like every other one we have played in a non RWC year for about a decade.

On the game. The Wallabies got home, Cheika's huge gamble was vindicated.

The reserve front row also put Slipper's issues into context.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Naivalu impressive on first real opportunity, deserves to keep his starting spot in place of Speight who is still a liability in defence..

Morohan showed why he should have been in the touring party to start with..

TK gets two thumbs up purely on that scoring effort in the corner

Pocock and Genia were immense

Latu 1 crooked throws and a few defensive errors, but not too bad overall. McMahon and Godwin didn't offer much
McMahon did a lot at least two turnover penalties, a few strong runs won a couple of lineouts. Godwin did what he had to. No errors a couple of good runs no missed tackles that i saw.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The reserve front row also put Slipper's issues into context.
Much of the scrum problem can be heaped on Jackson's scrum management. He allowed the French to bind on arms and fold us in at will. on one occasion I saw the French tighthead with his palm flat on the back of Slippers shoulder and his elbow vertical to the ground ready to push down while Jackson watch with no idea.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Watching the French News on SBS and the lead item is Le Rugby.

We will be lucky to get a mention at the end of the Sports news on our FTA TV stations, "Thanks for that report on the Combat Knitting match between Parramatta Chamber of Commerce and Footscray Heat, Jeff. Now in news to hand, the Australian Wallabies have beaten France in Paris by 25-23 in a close match. Next up will be Rachel with today's weather ... ... ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.