• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Wallabies (RWC Warm-up), 28/8 1.45AM AEST

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
You present this as if it is an option. We simply are shit.

What's Eddie's strategy for winning? We aren't going to outscore any team in a shootout given our horrendous defence. We can't strangle a tight one with the worst discipline in tier 1. We can't build scoreboard pressure without a goal kicker. May as well tie the boys hands behind their back before they run out.
What he said...

I've got no clue about coaching, but I stayed up to watch the game expecting a hiding, missed kicks, poor defence but a decent scrum and that was what I got.

This sits all on Eddie, a RWC is not a time for trying something new, but to honour the jersey and the comp with the best combination of players, and so far Eddie has failed big time.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
You think it makes sense having one 10 in the squad and that this 10 is a young bloke unproven at test level? Quade would have hit most of those goals and have provided better direction.
I like Carter but he is just a kid in terms of test footy and should not be thrust into this role with no viable back up. We should all agree on that, even the QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) haters like yourself. Jesus, even Lolesio would be a good pick right now.
Like the direction he showed in Pretoria? or vs Argentina? I must be a hater for pointing things out

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Foley is our best goal kicker available, nobody else is up to it, QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) are below 70%

Digestif Palu

Stan Wickham (3)
I mean there were good aspects and can't fault the effort but it looks like going deep into the RWC is very unlikely at this point. There is a lot of talent and if they manage to gel as a team throughout, then who knows. The standard seems really high across the board though. Getting out of the pool will be a genuine achievement.

The goal kicking is probably the biggest quick fix, CG really doesn't need the extra pressure, it seems to effect the rest of his game a lot. It's asking way too much of a young guy who doesn't even kick at Super level. Unfortunately there's no one experienced to step in. Kellaway? Petaia? Even if they miss just as much, at least it won't impact the teams play as a result.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Apparently Kerevi has been practising his goal kicking? He is still not an accomplished kicker at this level.

Test rugby. First pick is your starting TH. Second is a toss up between another TH and a goal kicker.
The game has not changed that much.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes? We're aware he kicked but why? He missed 2 kicks (both slightly tough) but why would you expect him to kick over Foley and JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)?

Probably for the same reason Jonny Wilkinson used to kick for England...

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I like Robbo on comms but the mispronunciation of Vunivalu and Nawaqanitawase all day was just woeful and frankly disrespectful

Takes two seconds to get it right