• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

French Barbarians v Australia, Thursday 24 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Stirzsocks.gif

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
I can't say I was glad the French scored at the end, I wasn't. But I couldn't help but think we deserved that. In a barbaa's game where you are suppose to err on the side of playing attacking rugby, with 5 minutes left and being 4 points behind, we decided to take the 3 point option, basically surrendering the game anyway.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Thought the biggest hair-brained moment of the game was when the Wallabies turned over ball on half way with most the French still behind the Wallabies' line, and Frisby kicked for touch at the first ruck. That was a moment meant for running the ball and most likely scoring out on the right hand side. Nick really did have a very poor game.

Didn't see the game.. But boy Yr up him. I think nick has developed slowly but surely over the year...couple of yrs ago wouldn't have him... Today he's useful and provides another style of half back to that of the other two. I'm sure he will progress further.

Until then brumby get off his case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Did Lolohea get on? I had to get the kids to school so missed the last couple of minutes. Thought Robertson did a good job once he figured out what the opposing THP was doing, but Lolohea deserved an opportunity.

Are you serious. He got belted as did the whole pack at scrum time. I don't think I've ever seen so many penalties from set piece. And there could have been more quite easily.

The field was shit, but for both teams.

Thought Carter went pretty well as did Skelton (except for some captaincy decisions)

Bad luck for Lance. He seems to be copping a lot of injuries.

Anyway it was good seeing Gerard, Kimlin and Mowen in Aussie colours.

Great experience for the younger guys.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Didn't see the game.. But boy Yr up him. I think nick has developed slowly but surely over the year.couple of yrs ago wouldn't have him. Today he's useful and provides another style of half back to that of the other two. I'm sure he will progress further.

Until then brumby get off his case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit that I've never been a great fan of Frisby ever since I first saw him at U20s level, but I've never been on his case as you put it. This is probably the first game where I've really been critical, but his performance against the Baa Baas certainly deserved criticism.

For the uninformed, here are some of the features of his game :

Slow to the breakdown;
Poor decision making;
Ineffectual sniping;
Running sideways/backwards before delivering the pass to his backline (worse than Genia has ever been accused of doing);
The specific instance I mentioned above.

Amongst all of this, I don't recall how his passing actually fared for accuracy, other than being slow to his supports.

A performance like that was way substandard for anyone with ambition to be a Wallaby. Stirzaker was clearly better on the night.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I can't say I was glad the French scored at the end, I wasn't. But I couldn't help but think we deserved that. In a barbaa's game where you are suppose to err on the side of playing attacking rugby, with 5 minutes left and being 4 points behind, we decided to take the 3 point option, basically surrendering the game anyway.

FWA, you can use less words on this forum by describing the above situation as "The Matt Dunning Option"!!

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Jeez, how many times did the tv guys show the late hit by Paddy Ryan? Replay after replay until finally the ref called it. Seemed like they intended to keep replaying it until they got the result they wanted.

Then shortly after (18:35) you hear an aussie voice clear as day call out "Where you been mate? No carries! Where you been, I haven't seen you anywhere. Where you been you weak c**t?"

Dunno if that was directed at a teammate or at an opposition player.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez, how many times did the tv guys show the late hit by Paddy Ryan? Replay after replay until finally the ref called it. Seemed like they intended to keep replaying it until they got the result they wanted.

Then shortly after (18:35) you hear an aussie voice clear as day call out "Where you been mate? No carries! Where you been, I haven't seen you anywhere. Where you been you weak c**t?"

Dunno if that was directed at a teammate or at an opposition player.

Any idea who the comment was directed at ?

Any idea which player made the comment ?

Which (if any) of our blokes had no carries at that stage of the game ?

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Any idea who the comment was directed at ?

Any idea which player made the comment ?

Which (if any) of our blokes had no carries at that stage of the game ?

No idea. My thought was maybe it was at Koroibete as the new guy on the block, but I don't know. 18:35mins into the game if you can find a replay.

T

TOCC

It appears to be Nathan Charles and it was directed at LHP Lucas Pointud, typical French prop shoving players in the back and dropping his knees into players on the ground(see 19:05mins)... He had been doing it all match

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
It appears to be Nathan Charles and it was directed at LHP Lucas Pointud, typical French prop shoving players in the back and dropping his knees into players on the ground(see 19:05mins). He had been doing it all match

If he was a "weak c**t" imagine what a strong one would've done to our scrum. Would've shoved them into Belgium.

T

TOCC

It was more in reference to his callous actions off the all/out of the scrum, but point taken

Status
Not open for further replies.