• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Friday 8th May, Rebels v Blues @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
another good ol aussie hometown ref crew gets their boys home. fuck this. so sick of this shit. I feel like shiggins. so spewing i immediately set up my own fan forum so sick of you foreign freaks i can have a massive cry alone here http://aucklandblues.boards.net/

that said Jordy Reid MOTM easily. Man of 2 matches. Wft is in those shoulders, check em for steroids. Concrete mixer steroids

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow what a great game of rugby to watch from the rebels.....they keep playing that sort of football I will tune and watch every week.

Can't believe how much quality loose forwards the Rebels have....

Reid has been immense.....and faingina also had a great game...

Lot to like about this Rebels side and great for Australian Rugby to see one of the newer franchises doing well and developing some great players....

Keep this up and in years to come may well see lot more rebels players making the Australian Rugby team.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Unfortunately for Blues fans, there are a few reports coming out of Auckland that they cannot find a replacement coach for the Blues of the calibre they want. Sir John may well be in charge again next season. Disastrous for Auckland rugby but a god send for other Kiwi teams. The biggest player pool, the biggest school boy comp in the land, there should a continuous stream of top level players being pumped out up there. It will be interesting if there is much movement from the Blues.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was pretty impressed with Rebels. I didn't think the Blues were that bad,(though certainly not very good), but Rebels seem to play a game where they suffocate the opposition as much as they can, until they can loosen them up to find holes in defence. Must be enjoyable days for Rebels supporters knowing you have a team that seems to give 100% for as long as they can while on the field. Good stuff!!

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Was pretty impressed with Rebels. I didn't think the Blues were that bad,(though certainly not very good), but Rebels seem to play a game where they suffocate the opposition as much as they can, until they can loosen them up to find holes in defence. Must be enjoyable days for Rebels supporters knowing you have a team that seems to give 100% for as long as they can while on the field. Good stuff!!

The games are definitely more enjoyable to watch. I'd still like to see them winning more consistently against the top teams in the comp but the Rebels do feel like they've turned the corner and the core team has gelled into something much more consistent than what we have previously seen from Melbourne. The move to developing younger players and lesser talents instead of marquee stars appears to have built a real team ethos down here. Its great to watch.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Unfortunately for Blues fans, there are a few reports coming out of Auckland that they cannot find a replacement coach for the Blues of the calibre they want. Sir John may well be in charge again next season. Disastrous for Auckland rugby but a god send for other Kiwi teams. The biggest player pool, the biggest school boy comp in the land, there should a continuous stream of top level players being pumped out up there. It will be interesting if there is much movement from the Blues.
They should sign Crowley. Canadian coach. He has done a very good job with them and I think he lost out to Kirwan when he first got the job.
Not sure how they could do worse

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The games are definitely more enjoyable to watch. I'd still like to see them winning more consistently against the top teams in the comp but the Rebels do feel like they've turned the corner and the core team has gelled into something much more consistent than what we have previously seen from Melbourne. The move to developing younger players and lesser talents instead of marquee stars appears to have built a real team ethos down here. Its great to watch.

A comment I saw on twitter last night was that the Rebels are playing with mana.

Maybe one of you Kiwis can explain the concept with a bit more nuance than me, but playing with mana has a nice feel to it. They're enthusiastic, they play for each other and after five years of average recruiting and what appeared to be a disjointed team and culture, things are starting to gel and they're enjoying their football.

A pleasure to watch.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tex probably a good word to describe it, means they playing the game as hard as they can and with pride. A loose translation, but roughly it. Mana is I think a powerful word to describe teams like Rebels, Highlanders etc teams that play where the team seems play better than the individual parts indicates they should.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure I would claim the Chiefs don't play with pride to often gwerty. Actually thinking about it the word for Mana is more respect than anything, which is what these teams display when they play like they do.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Saw Pat after the match, said he went off due to some cracked ribs. Got the feeling he won't be right for Queensland - a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.