• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Tri-Nations Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i can see beale and oconner being the big earners
as usual thou aussie players are way pricey

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This will be determined by captain selection. O'Connor won't get too many points in the opener if he's playing wing and Cooper won't get his usual due to not kicking. Safe bet would be Pocock if fit, or one of the Bokkie backrowers in the initial rounds. I have a feeling I will regret McCabe but there's not much else and I'd say he's a likely starter next week if he performs well this weekend. Beale would be my choice, always gets big scores even when not converting tries.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seems to be alot of new people starting, so thought I might give some advice from someone who isn't too successful. What one would consider satisfactory scores for each position:

Prop: 20 points and you've done well. Also look for guys who stay on the paddock as you get rewarded for time on field.

Hooker: anything 20+, if they last 80mins you'll do quite well. Mealamu, Moore, Smit as your first choice.

Second Rowers: 20 points and you've done well. Look out for 6/7/8's who have been wrongly categorised as locks. Horwill probs the best choice as he is often involved around the park too.

Backrow: Go for the flankers, spend your money here well and you will reap the rewards. Possible captains include Pocock, McCaw, Reid, Burger. Can get anything up to about 60 points. Missed tackles lose points so do your research.

Scrummies: Any kicking scrum-half or constant ball-runner (Sarel Pretorious). Genia is your top bet, 25points+ and you've done well.

Inside Backs: Go either with tackle machines or kickers, Steyn, Carter, Cooper the three best but also most expensive. Ioane is a good bet if you still have money but he's a risk. Lambie is a good choice, so to JOC (James O'Connor), McCabe and Git's. Take a gamble and you can get to 70+, captains are usually selected from here.

Outside Backs: Try scorers or kickers again, that simple. Someone like Beale is perfect for here but costly. Can get 70+ here too but none are kickers in this comp. Tackle breaks, tries and runs will get you your points.

Remember: Don't spend too much on your reserves, they don't actually earn you points unless a starter gets injured pre-game. Any starter who is cheap can go well here, the likes of Burgess, McCabe and Conrad Smith can pay dividends. Don't have expensive players on the bench, it's a waste of space.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Just spend an inordinate amount of time deciding on a team name and playing strip. This does not bode well.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Seeing as the first game is between Australia and South Africa, I should fill my team up with those players and exclude Kiwi's, right?

If so, bugger. I thought of that after I saved my team.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seeing as the first game is between Australia and South Africa, I should fill my team up with those players and exclude Kiwi's, right?

If so, bugger. I thought of that after I saved my team.

Um yes....

and .. Nope, you have unlimited trades so you can go back and edit it.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Who knows who the Saffas will have on the park so don't be too concerned about changing it up until the teams are announced or you could end up spending far too much time wasted like some others (ok, prob just me).

Is there unlimited trades after the first round? My bench is full of AB's in case these are limited.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who knows who the Saffas will have on the park so don't be too concerned about changing it up until the teams are announced or you could end up spending far too much time wasted like some others (ok, prob just me).

Is there unlimited trades after the first round? My bench is full of AB's in case these are limited.

Under the 'Rules' tab on the Fox Fantasy website it states that transfers are unlimited, just have to remember the deadlines this time.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm in and hopefully I do better than the Super fantasy where I picked a team for round 1 and never returned.

V

vikingbrad

For those that need it

Wallabies

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
14. James O’Connor (Western Force)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
7. David Pocock (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies, captain)
5. James Horwill (Queensland Reds)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
1. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves:
16. Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
17. Pekahou Cowan (Western Force)
18. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
19. Matt Hodgson (Western Force)
20. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
21. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
22. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)

Springboks

15 Gio Aplon Western Province
14 Bjorn Basson Bulls
13 Juan de Jongh Western Province
12 Wynand Olivier Bulls
11 Lwazi Mvovo The Sharks
10 Morne Steyn Bulls
9 Ruan Pienaar Ulster
8 Ashley Johnson Cheetahs
7 Danie Rossouw Bulls