• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've picked Alesani Tuilagi as my capt, hoping he does to the Namibians what he did to Rod Davies.

Well he just scored his hat trick, got him in my team too, with Fotuali'i and Pisi.

Also had troubles getting a squad together without knowing the team lists, particularly with some of the stronger countries resting players or rotating them from the bench.

Oh well, a good start to the round though with the Samoans turning it on.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well he just scored his hat trick, got him in my team too, with Fotuali'i and Pisi.

Also had troubles getting a squad together without knowing the team lists, particularly with some of the stronger countries resting players or rotating them from the bench.

Oh well, a good start to the round though with the Samoans turning it on.

I have the same Samoans Pisi was doing great with the boot before he had to go off. Kahn got that early try too. I think we've done alright out of this game.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Makes me feel a little better about my decision to pick Kahui as captain over Tuilagi. Hopefully he scores 9 tries, breaks 100 tackles, wins 16 lineouts and takes a couple of tightheads...

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dammit. I was trying everything to slot Tuilagi in my team, but just couldn't find a way. Then he scores a hatrick... So much for my calculated risks...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Unfortunately for me Alesani Tuilagis' tries will probably be cancelled out by the fact I've got an inside centre thats not even playing & Carter on the bench who isnt playing. Now all I need is Cudmore to get red carded...

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Well poor planning on my part plus two injuries has seen me royally screwed and that's not counting bloody Carter. Thought I might ninja by wearing the rounds players had byes, but injuries have killed me utterly. Meh. don't spose you get free transfers for injured players? Sure doesn't look like it, and I have three and a player who isn't even bloody rostered.

My fault for not spending more time studying the byes and subs options under Fox rules, but late team announcements, injuries, and sub costs are gonna be murder on people, rendering it a bit of a luck fest for those of us who aren't Lee Grant!

Aah well, me culpa, I will learn and progress to the eliminations muahaha.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well poor planning on my part plus two injuries has seen me royally screwed and that's not counting bloody Carter. Thought I might ninja by wearing the rounds players had byes, but injuries have killed me utterly.

Looks like it's going to be between you and me for the most f*cked team of the round.

9. Genia
10. Contepomi (injured, not playing)
11. Dagg (not selected)
12. Carter (injured, unlikely to play much at all against under strength japanese)
13. M Steyn (knowing my luck will be dropped or benched for Lambie agains Fiji)
14. Napolioni Nalaga (luckily was on the bench and came in for injured Digby)
15. Beale

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
And I thought my team was bad until I read all these posts haha, really regretting picking SBW as my captain when he's not even starting.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Continuing my saga of woe...selected the Georgian bench prop instead of a starter, he gets a run and gives away two penalties. He's currently standing at -4.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Have had 4 players play so far.

Tuilagi 44
Evans 9
Piutau 62
Burger 18

Sexton and Bowe named. But The Beast is on the bench.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Not impressed with the deadlines, injuries and squad selections are happening long after.

Fox need a more flexible system, either unlimited transfers or a much larger bench, or both.

Will be fine come elimination, but as it stands the thing is a lottery not a tipping contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.