1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR forum icons for NRC teams

Discussion in 'National Rugby Championship (NRC)' started by Tex, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Tex Peter Johnson (47)

When I first joined the forum I found (and still do find) the team icons beside user avatars to be very useful for defining the context of comments and informing the tenor of my replies.

Mods - perhaps introducing a set of NRC team icons to be displayed would be a quick way to improve visibility and build a bit of tribal support here.

Just a thought.
    mst, Highlander35, boyo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

A challenge for the Gaggerland Minister for Graphics and Undersecretary of Logos - @RugbyFuture
    Tex likes this.
  3. Scoey Tony Shaw (54)

I raised this in one of the QLD team Discussion Threads and I believe someone was looking into it. I'm keen!
  4. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

The Vikings, Rams and NSW Country at least will need two versions of the logo. A normal one and then one with a chip on the shoulder.
    Tomikin, Tex, Dave Beat and 3 others like this.
  5. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

yeah I'll get on it. There's probably a few updates around the place to be made to the other logos too.
  6. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

Can we get the Vikings one to colour change please? :p

And please make sure you use the right yellow otherwise you are sure to offend!
  7. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

Brisbane.png CountryEagles.png GSRams.png MlbRising.png NHRays.png PerthSpirit.png QLDCountry.png SydStars.png UCVikings.png

Too late for requests.
    Gibbo, Pauly, yourmatesam and 6 others like this.
  8. Scoey Tony Shaw (54)

Awesome! Thumbs up RF! Nice work.
  9. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

10. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

also just from a logo design perspective melbourne and sydneys logos must've been done by the same person. considering the similarity of font and format and Usyd's close affinity with the rebels it would make sense.
  11. Knuckles Billy Sheehan (19)

I REALLY like that Rams logo. But it's different to the one on their website. Why? Did they run out of $$$ already to print the face of the Ram?
    2bluesfan and RugbyFuture like this.
  12. 2bluesfan Nev Cottrell (35)

I agree, RF's was better in my opinion.

RF are you able to offer any insight as to why the current logo was preferred over yours? Some technical issue with ASICS?
  13. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

They wanted a softer approach and didn't like the colour scheme. They didn't think the aggressive face suited their one family marketing mantra.
  14. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

Its still used in the ARU website and in their jerseys so it can be used here ;-)
    2bluesfan likes this.
  15. Badger Bill McLean (32)

Your Rams logo is being used on promo material as well. It was on an NRC flyer I received at the Bledisloe.
  16. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

awesome to hear. Probably because its at the ARU level and was one of the first things the approved in the bid process. Don't think the new management have talked about the change with them (or just don't care).