• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Game 1 Kiwis v Frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
This will be a very interesting game on saturday the AB's without McCheat, Carter, RoSo & a bunch of other players v a pretty handy French squad.

FRANCE: 15 Maxime Medard, 14 Cedric Heymans, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Vincent Clerc, 11 Damien Traille, 10 Francois Trinh-Duc, 9 Julien Dupuy, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Romain Millo-Chluski, 4 Pascal Pape, 3 Sylvain Marconnet, 2 William Servat, 1 Fabien Barcella. Reserves: 16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Nicolas Mas, 18 Thomas Domingo, 19 Sebastien Chabal, 20 Remy Martin, 21 Julien Puricelli, 22 Dimitri Yachvili, 23 Yannick Jauzion, 24 Alexis Palisson (two to be omitted).

I'm not all that familiar with the French League but I know a few names & that's a pretty handy team they've sent over. Even on the bench they've got Szarzewski, Remy Martin, Yachvili, Jauzion & the caveman.

Haven't seen the AB's 22 yet.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
No McCheat & no Carter = no leadership.

If the froggies can turn up mentally (always a lottery) then with this cattle they could do it. Well.

Interesting captain choice though.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
[quote
]1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Brad Thorn
5. Isaac Ross
6. Kieran Read
7. Adam Thomson
8. Liam Messam
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Stephen Donald
11. Josevata Rokocoko
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Isaia Toeava
14. Cory Jane
15. Mils Muliaina – captain

Reserves:

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Afoa
18. Bryn Evans
19. Tanerau Latimer
20. Piri Weepu
21. Luke McAlister
22. Lelia Masaga[/quote]

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Still a very strong 22 for the AB's, no genuine openside although Thomson did lead the league in pilfers this season.

Will be very interested in seeing how players like Thomson, Jane, Messam & Donald go on the big stage as we know they are all very good at super 14 level but can they handle the grind of test rugby.

Thomson was very ordinary at test level last year & now he has the added pressure of being a breakdown pest.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Very doable for the French. Their best chance for 15 years.....

Plus they're on a roll - won the last time these sides met!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The bookmakers are betting 1/10 UnZid. Alternatively you can get 15 points start. Why? UnZid by heaps.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Re: Gaggers gloating thread.

Gagger said:
Can I rename this Gaggers gloating thread?

Go for it

Where's Red Beard and the other kiwis that trawl our blog?

Something definately doesn't look right about the kiwi forwards without the real leadership.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
These are the days that lurking at the TSF over morning coffee is very amusing

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Guys who provide the difference that are back soon: Ali WIlliams, Rodney So'oialo, Conrad Smith (especially, because that peaheart fuckwit Puddle Toeava has just got to go.).
One positive: Our lineout ran without a hitch. Even thieved one or two.

S

Spook

Scorz, the NZ scrum wasnt too solid. Tialata and Myth don't seem to be fit.

C

chriscullen

Afoa needs to start this week instead of Tialata, and I think Ali Williams and Leonard will be back. News just in has flanker crusader George Whitelock and hooker chiefs DeMalmanche called up for Adam Thomson and Andrew Hore. Mealamu will start the game at hooker. Still a chance Hore may be Ok.
Luke Mc Alistair must have nightmares about the French, until the intercept, you had a feeling the All Blacks were going to get out of jail. The All Blacks need to get some combinations going in preperation for the Tri Nations.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Spook said:
Scorz, the NZ scrum wasnt too solid. Tialata and Myth don't seem to be fit.
Mate it's that useless fat fuck that Henry and his mates persist with, Tialata. I'm sure I saw him whip a pie out of his pocket last night, or it might have been a lump of shit getting shoved down his face by the Frog front row.

Thank fuck Thomo is gone. He's pants.

CC, Agree on the scrum as above, and about Luke. Poor bastard. Still if that tits-for-hands Toeava had of learnt to catch somewhere in his pro career many things would have been different, I doubt Luke would have had to come on as makeshift 12/13.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great game of rugby to watch as a neutral, Best on ground was the french #7 Quedraogo(something like that) he was all over the park in defence & got some great pilfers on the ground.

To be honest both sides looked better than us.

Thomson is s dud at test level for some reason as he's pretty handy in the super 14 but looks no where near the same player in a black jersey.

Aussies better front up in a fortnight or we'll get rolled also.

R

Red Beard

Re: Gaggers gloating thread.

eddo said:
Gagger said:
Can I rename this Gaggers gloating thread?

Go for it

Where's Red Beard and the other kiwis that trawl our blog?

Something definately doesn't look right about the kiwi forwards without the real leadership.
Here I am!

F

formeropenside

Thought Latimer made a bit of difference when he came on.

Always a tough ask for the AB's missing arguably the two best players in the world in their position.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
formeropenside said:
Thought Latimer made a bit of difference when he came on.

Always a tough ask for the AB's missing arguably the two best players in the world in their position.
Absolutely, showed the difference between having a 6 that can play 7 and having a 7 that plays 7 every week on the pitch. Hopefully Lats can put in a big 80 this wknd and get a foothold in the side. It's all in his hands as to how far he can get with McCaw on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.