• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

gits back to the brums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steiner

Well, disastrous for the Force and not good for the balance of the Aus S12 sides.
I can see one silver lining though, if Deans wants to keep Mortlock at 12 for the Wallabies and Gits slots into 10 at the Brumbies, it may help the Wallabies' combinations.

Don't know what Lealifano would do, or when he is off contract, but he'd be a handy 10/12 option for any side, if he wants to move.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can't see the facination in L'fano (can't be bothered spelling it). He looks pretty damn average to me. I reckon Nathan Spooner, average personafied, was a better 5/8.

Even Lee who has seen more of him than most, said he thought his game last week was his best. And he was pretty damn anonymous last week, except for the drop goal. I assume his post try celebrations last night was because he was happy to catch the ball.

Has he played 7s or Aussie A? If not he should move to Scotland now. His best chance to progress any further.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't see Giteau working at 10 for the Brumbies.

They like to keep ball in hand. Giteau loves the mid field bomb.
They like an unselfish playmaker at 10. He likes running himself, even if it means running laterally halfway across the field and taking the gap outside the outside centre's channel.
They still like to work their attack through phases. Giteau has ADD and goes for the miracle play (usually a cross field kick).
They thrive on team play. Giteau loves 'backing himself'.

I'd try him at fullback. If he doesn't fit there, he'd make good bench inside back cover for the Brumby runners.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:
I can't see the facination in L'fano (can't be bothered spelling it). He looks pretty damn average to me.

That's what I like about him. Its about what he doesn't do. He doesn't overplay his hand. He doesn't think he's a superstar. He doesn't try to manufacture something every time he touches the ball.

His skill level is getting there. He's finally playing closer to the advantage line.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
naza said:
That's what I like about him. Its about what he doesn't do. He doesn't overplay his hand. He doesn't think he's a superstar. He doesn't try to manufacture something every time he touches the ball.

His skill level is getting there. He's finally playing closer to the advantage line.

spot on. if he had a razzle-dazzle center hed look alot better too. sadly he has two hardmen.
he is the same kind of player are larkham (not as good obviously). he is a good percentage player.

R

rugbywhisperer

Noddy said:
I can't see the facination in L'fano (can't be bothered spelling it). He looks pretty damn average to me. I reckon Nathan Spooner, average personafied, was a better 5/8.
I agree - to me he is/was a great schoolboy player and now I get the impression the rest of the team to him are just support players. He is very self centered.
Again, he would have been far better served to do an apprenticship in club/grade rugby. I think he is out of his depth at this level.

As for Spooner, believe he has quality yet he only got to play 2 tests before getting injured. He actually played some good rugby in Japan and SA. His father was a great clubman as was his brother but that's just waffle.
I didn't get the full story on why his career in Aus ceased so abruptly.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
naza said:
They still like to work their attack through phases. Giteau has ADD and goes for the miracle play (usually a cross field kick).
They thrive on team play. Giteau loves 'backing himself'.

Just like 2 of L'fanos cross field kicks that went out on the full

Status
Not open for further replies.