• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Golden Lion Rugby Football Union - Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman

Peter Burge (5)
No there not, an application for liquidation has been filled with South Gauteng High Court by the Guma Group.

Guma bunch trying pull a fast one. The union's finance isn't the best but no where near bankrupt.

gman

Peter Burge (5)
I'm trying to see if I can get hold of the court papers. Apparently they submitted it with the financial statements from 2007 to 2010. But some people all ready seen the financial reports from the Union and said that if they get a partner things will be fine, after the Guma deal went south.

A partner has been found, the vice-president of the Union, and the deal is signed and approved by all.

Some money is owed to the Guma Group, but not what they want. I have a feeling the Guma Group will get a pie in the face, even half a pie.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Either merging back Cheetahs and Lions to form the Cats.
Or merging the Lions and the Bulls to form a franchise like the former Transvaal one.
But I don't see the point of the Southern Kings. Big market in Port Elizabeth or again a political move from the SARU?

S

spooony

Or merging the Lions and the Bulls to form a franchise like the former Transvaal one.
But I don't see the point of the Southern Kings. Big market in Port Elizabeth or again a political move from the SARU?
You can't merge The Lions with another big provincial side. There will be too much big egos in the team like the years before. Bulls were Northern Transvaal and was never part of Transvaal.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Says quite clearly a sixth team in the SA conference. I know the spiel as to why they want to include the Kings, something to do with the large black community in the Eastern Cape. Have to wonder if this move will lead to the introduction of another Aus and NZ team in 2015.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Says quite clearly a sixth team in the SA conference.

What it actually says is
“We will now look at the options to identify the other entrants to the competition, which will include further discussions with our SANZAR partners on the possibility of including a sixth South African team in the competition.

Sounds like there is still quite a bit of work to do before any option is chosen, but my two cents says SAs SANZAR partners will not be wanting a sixth team each, nor will they want uneven pools...

I think the SARU has jumped the gun here (nothing out of the ordinary). A more prudent course of action would have been to commit to introducing an end of season play-off between the EP Kings and the lowest ranked SA side.

S

spooony

EP, South Western Districts and Border. So the aim is to use it as a development side thats going to get hammered week after week. Great for building confidence for up and coming players. You gotta love our politics haha

Status
Not open for further replies.