• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Good Players Playing Badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Continuing to play them when injured or out of form is one of the main reasons we are short on depth in certain positions.

In retrospect, I think Horwill and Genia would have benefited (and hence also Aus would have benefited) had they missed the EOYT, but too late for that. Also think TPN probably shouldn't have toured. Probably won't get a start at all and maybe only one or two games off the bench. Pocock could have had that sort of involvement, but wise heads prevailed and he stayed at home.

Depth will only be built if the next rung of players are given the opportunities to play and develop their games at the top level.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Continuing to play them when injured or out of form is one of the main reasons we are short on depth in certain positions.

Agreed - With the ARU placing even more restrictions on squad numbers that this is going to happen more and more.

Depth will only be built if the next rung of players are given the opportunities to play and develop their games at the top level.

Can't argue with that. What we've seen this year is, those players who are at the rung under haven't fully been fit to be selected. I'm thinking the likes of Carter, Pyle, Hanson etc. Then we've had players such as Kimlin, Mitchell and Digby leave all this year (as well as Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) falling off the rails into oblivion).

Thinking back, I'm struggling to think of a period where we've had such a player pool being hammered with injuries and departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.