• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 6 Seat

Frank Row (1)
1st VIII:
1. St Joseph's
2. Ignatius
3. King's
4. Shore
5. Newington
6. Scots
7. Grammar
8. SBHS

2nd VIII:
1. Ignatius
2. King's
3. Newington
4. Shore
5. St Joseph's
6. Scots
7. Grammar
8. SBHS
Kings over View in First Eight, Switch Scots and Joeys in the 2 boat.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
Chairman youve got to be joking me. Riverview have 3 eights in this race. All 3 to get on the podium with shore in 4th
Im sincere. The Shore 3rd VIII won at Gold Cup, beating the Ignatius' 1 boat by a few seconds. They are most definitely in with a shot. They beat Ignatius 3 boat by 30 seconds.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
1ST 4 View (will be close)
2nd 4 View
3rd 4 View
4th 4 Kings
I beg to differ.

1st IV: Riverview by a fair margin. King's the challenger, won't get them with Ignatius holding them off by 5-6 seconds.
2nd IV: Riverview again by a fair margin. This time Shore putting the heat on, St Joseph's on their tail. View by 2-3 seconds, the challenger Shore with St Joseph's 1-2 seconds behind them.
3rd IV: Most definitely the most competitive race, Im backing Shore. Best performance at Gold Cup, they will be fired up after that encounter with Ignatius, then letting King's walk down the inside. Shore in front, Ignatius a canvas behind, King's 2 seats below them.
4th IV: The 1st Junior IV of King's to smack the comp. Ignatius 7 seconds behind, Shore 4 seconds off them in third.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
General comment on the state of play: It seems there is a dominant theme. Ignatius the early benchmark setters are in sight of the hunters. Mainly Shore and King's, with the overarching question being can they gain enough time quickly enough to pull out a win on the 16th. It's evident now. Ignatius' Second Eight being hunted by King's, 2nd, 3rd IV under attack from Shore, with King's chasing them in the 1 and 4 boats. Can they hold them off?

thewolfpack

Peter Burge (5)
I beg to differ.

1st IV: Riverview by a fair margin. King's the challenger, won't get them with Ignatius holding them off by 5-6 seconds.
2nd IV: Riverview again by a fair margin. This time Shore putting the heat on, St Joseph's on their tail. View by 2-3 seconds, the challenger Shore with St Joseph's 1-2 seconds behind them.
3rd IV: Most definitely the most competitive race, Im backing Shore. Best performance at Gold Cup, they will be fired up after that encounter with Ignatius, then letting King's walk down the inside. Shore in front, Ignatius a canvas behind, King's 2 seats below them.
4th IV: The 1st Junior IV of King's to smack the comp. Ignatius 7 seconds behind, Shore 4 seconds off them in third.
I agree with you in the 1st and 2nd ivs races, however I think you are getting to ahead of yourself here. In the 3rd iv which is definitely anyones race to win from here. View will not let shore get in there way, its just unheard off. St Joseph's and kings will be in the fight as well.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
I agree with you in the 1st and 2nd ivs races, however I think you are getting to ahead of yourself here. In the 3rd iv which is definitely anyones race to win from here. View will not let shore get in there way, its just unheard off. St Joseph's and kings will be in the fight as well.
The Shore 3rd IV threw Riverview in the bin after their collision. Finished miles ahead of them and they smashed them in the heat too.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
I know there is plenty of competition for GPS seats in the Riverview shed, they will be tough to beat in crews like the 3rd IV on the straight and narrow again this weekend. Coaches are aiming for their best performances mid March, like a lot of sheds I guess. One of Views strengths is the depth of available talent.

Looking forward to View, Kings, Joeys and Shore having a crack at it in the 1st VIII race on Saturday. I'm tipping the 4th IV will probably go to View as well, one of the larger Kings rowers who was in their 4th IV last week has rugby commitments in Qld this weekend, time will tell.

Last edited:

thewolfpack

Peter Burge (5)
Dear Members of the GPS Rowing Forum,

Deary me! A little birdy dropped by and told me about an aweful story about the schoolboy 3rd IV race and how the language used by the 3rd IV after a horrific crash, i can belive how riverview acted but cannot forgive the shore coxswain for the laungue as it offeneded a lovely family on a boat on the water and i cant belive how someone has the audacity to ruin someones day, OH LORD
Dear joeys101,

I think we have heard enough of this race and how shore acted, I think its time to move on and focus on this Saturday.

Morice_longbottom12

Frank Row (1)
Dear Members of the GPS Rowing Forum,

Deary me! A little birdy dropped by and told me about an aweful story about the schoolboy 3rd IV race and how the language used by the 3rd IV after a horrific crash, i can belive how riverview acted but cannot forgive the shore coxswain for the laungue as it offeneded a lovely family on a boat on the water and i cant belive how someone has the audacity to ruin someones day, OH LORD

I agree fully with what you are saying joeys101 but you are a troll and you need to leave this forum.

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
Dear joeys101,

I think we have heard enough of this race and how shore acted, I think its time to move on and focus on this Saturday.
I don't usually have a take on matters like this but ill jump in here. As a Shore fan myself I am disappointed in the way the boys carried on, but I do not fault them for it. It shows passion, and that they care which I am a fan of. If you have seen the course taken by Ignatius it makes sense. They also cut off Newington, and the Shore cox rightly stood his ground. Don't come charging into Lane 3 when your in Lane 5! But the language was unacceptable. Both parties need to do better.

thewolfpack

Peter Burge (5)
Nope. 3rd IV and 1st VIII go down.
Im sure it will be a tight race in the 1VIII with all the schools closing in on joeys, kings may surprise everyone, and shore are coming up too. But the view boys are hungry they will be fighting to get past that joeys crew in the middle 1000. Does anyone know what boat kings will be using?

Im sure it will be a tight race in the 1VIII with all the schools closing in on joeys, kings may surprise everyone, and shore are coming up too. But the view boys are hungry they will be fighting to get past that joeys crew in the middle 1000. Does anyone know what boat kings will be using?
i heard that a pacific island is making a boat for them in return to send their sons to kings to play rugby on a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.