• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah, interesting 1st IV race on the weekend. Shore kept 2 blokes in the boat from the week prior, pulled one down from the 2nd VIII and promoted one up from the 2nd IV. Just trying out new combinations and they must have been fast. I have confidence View can hold onto the lead in this race on the 16th though.
No one was pulled out of the 2nd VIII into the 1st IV. That crew has been stable for two weeks. One of the first IV rowed 1st IV AND 2nd VIII the week before because of illness. If you’re going off what’s printed in the regatta calendar then I can tell you it hasn’t been accurate for weeks.

G'day Taipan,
Fellas The Biggest Debate of all,

Which is the best rowing video of all time.

My Top 3
(Tied 1st)-Scots 2021 -Kings 2021
(2nd) -Kings 2020
(3rd)- Kings 2022

Kings sure have had some cracking rowing videos.
Not really adding to the debate here, but I didn't mind Kings 2023 - it had a new sort of 'edit' feel to it, but unfortunately regressed into just video + song, instead of the strong 'story arc' through the Kings 2021 video. The worst part was 7:04, when they showed that midget cox of last years 4th IV.

Last edited:

Rod dennis

Peter Burge (5)
G'day Taipan,

Not really adding to the debate here, but I didn't mind Kings 2023 - it had a new sort of 'edit' feel to it, but unfortunately regressed into just video + song, instead of the strong 'story arc' through the Kings 2021 video. The worst part was 7:04, when they showed that midget cox of last years 4th IV.
100 percent agree, J cole x rich top 1 percent schoolboy rowers is an unlikely but ultimately hard combo

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
Just some mail regarding crews:

St Ignatius, King’s and St Joseph’s have listed unchanged crews going into the Head of the River.

Shore have undergone a relatively big change, with O.Harvey moving from 6 to Stroke, A.Smith from Stroke to 2, and L.Macfarlane moving from 2 to 6.

Not sure about the others, but would assume no changes.

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well done to the following old boys for their selection in the King’s Cup Squad:
Turrin, Hargreaves (J)
Kench, Purnell (E)
and the following who were selected in the Wilkinson Trophy Squad:
Bucknell, Whalan (K)
O’Meara (I)
Hine (J)

Further congratulations to Coaches Baker (E) and Noonan (I) who will be coaching the King’s Cup Eight.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Which schools have started their tapering yet? I understand that from previous schools they would start around this time, and cutting back on the load.
-Professor

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
Which schools have started their tapering yet? I understand that from previous schools they would start around this time, and cutting back on the load.
-Professor
One would assume every school would be tapering less than ten days out from HOTR.
-Legs

Last edited:

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
I get disappointed every time I see this thread pop up & realise it's not Qld GPS rowing..... :(
Please share, I can’t make heads or tails of Qld rowing manager and don’t know any of that generation. The SB8 times look awful but in some of the regattas the schools look like they’re in 19s or 21s with pretty impressive times.

Status
Not open for further replies.