• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Great interview with Alan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Where do you think he is off-base?

I ask because I don't know an awful lot about him in Aussie since he last coached the Wallabies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think it's also important to separate Alan Jones the radio personality (who I personally dislike) with Alan Jones the successful former Wallaby coach (whose achievements I admire and sometimes agree with).

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry mate, was just shit stirring about his personal history, nothing to do with the interview. Low blow really!

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
As for my views on Jones - he's got runs on the board with coaching the Wallabies, so I have to respect that. However the ego, bombast and general disregard for facts of his public persona undermines how I view his commentary on anything to be honest.

By all reports he's a very complex individual - but he's too compromised for me to take seriously.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dislike almost everything this guys says and stands for but i love what he is saying in the interview!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
As for my views on Jones - he's got runs on the board with coaching the Wallabies, so I have to respect that. However the ego, bombast and general disregard for facts of his public persona undermines how I view his commentary on anything to be honest.

By all reports he's a very complex individual - but he's too compromised for me to take seriously.

You've got to think that someone as intelligent as he is purely puts on his radio persona to make money. The more ill-informed, bigoted listeners he pulls with his illogical, unsympathetic rants the more money and power he gets.
Its quite a simple process, he takes a complex issue and makes it black and white so people think that the other side of the argument is ridiculous and that they are getting screwed over by people in a position of power. Thus endearing himself to those who like to feel like the world is out to get them.

Reactions: Ash

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You've got to think that someone as intelligent as he is purely puts on his radio persona to make money. The more ill-informed, bigoted listeners he pulls with his illogical, unsympathetic rants the more money and power he gets.
Its quite a simple process, he takes a complex issue and makes it black and white so people think that the other side of the argument is ridiculous and that they are getting screwed over by people in a position of power. Thus endearing himself to those who like to feel like the world is out to get them.
The other day my alarms was set on radio and I accidentally woke up to one of his tirades.

It was bad, I tell you. Not recommended.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)

You could be right on that - although some of the profiles I've read on him seem to paint him as a man who has a always had deep seated need for that sort of following. I honestly don't know - it could be a bit of both? The outcome is the same though!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

LMAO, well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.