• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Greek Kiwi on the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
PaarlBok said:
the gambler said:
Dont over react to my comments PB. Im not suggesting you should leave. Im simply getting sick of you calling us whiners for talking about an aspect of the game. You have made your point 1,000 times already, and as Scotty and Cutter have said we are not taking anything away from the Boks. The better team has won every game. This is a very good Bok side, the best in the world at the moment, but let us talk about aspects of the game that are topical and open to discussion without calling us whiners.

It is also wrong to label all Aussies as ref bashers. You yourself have criticised refs and assistant refs after losses in the past so so while you may teach your son not to talk about refs after a loss you cann't claim any moral high ground in this debate.
Well I just cant help myself when the constant ref busters keep on coming. Maybe its a Aussie thing (and I honestly dont try and generalise here)but I'll remember, I'll leave you lot in future, dashing on the ref thing. In my books its a kak habit. If you cant realise refs/umpires make mistakes in every match , then you dont know the game. I do critise them, when on the winning side and you welcome to point out when the Boks were losing and I did that.

Perhaps not for the Boks, because you havent lost too many recently, but for the Stormers I remember you in particular not only complaining about mistakes after a loss but you then defended a player saying he was justified in abusing a referee because of his decisions and how they cost you a game and could go on to cost you a semi final place. I would try and find your actual quotes but I am not very proficient with this internet thing and dont know if there is a search function on this forum. I’m sure you remember the incident and hope you remember your reaction.

Just to clarify my “arrogant” comment that you obviously found offensive, I was referring to you saying the Aussies didn’t even offer a challenge to the Boks. While it may be true, and you are, as you label it, calling it as you see it, I personally found it rude and as I said “verging on arrogant”. I enjoyed your discussion on the relative merits of this Boks side and don’t think you talking about how good this bok side is in relation to past Bok sides is at all arogent, please don’t confuse what I am saying.

This blog is a sensational place where everyones opinion is respected, especially those foreigners such as yourself who give us a different perspective on certain things. I don’t mean to drag it down to the level of other forums where personal vandettas are rife and name calling the norm, however to come here and call us whiners and whingers for commenting on refs is not appreciated.

Personally I try and stay out of all ref based arguments and even here I have not commented on any of the refs performances this year. I am simply defending the right to discuss a ref. Having reffed the odd game myself, having a brother who is heavily involved in reffing and intending myself to take up the whistle when I hang up the boots, I am very aware that refs make mistakes. However just as a players game is allowed to be analysed post match, so to is a refs performance, whether you are on the winning or losing side. I admire what you teach your son but one must not confuse discussion with whinging.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
OK I get your drift finally. Its always good to talk them over and get over it also. My reply

the gambler said:
Perhaps not for the Boks, because you havent lost too many recently, but for the Stormers I remember you in particular not only complaining about mistakes after a loss but you then defended a player saying he was justified in abusing a referee because of his decisions and how they cost you a game and could go on to cost you a semi final place. I would try and find your actual quotes but I am not very proficient with this internet thing and dont know if there is a search function on this forum. I’m sure you remember the incident and hope you remember your reaction.
That one happen two years ago when the Stormers played the Sharks and Schalk got yellowed after Muller hit Mujatsi in the face and he tried to stop the fight and the famous Willie Roos clarify him as joining in. The Stormers was at the time on the verge of a victory and the yellow cost them the game. The previous weekend Roos bluntering costing the Stormers the opening game against the Bulls. The Stormers ended 1 point short of a semi place and it cost us indeed a semi place. Well if you look what happened since to Roos he sure wont blow a WP or Stormers or on Newlands in his life again after that blunders and I am not sure but he never had the whistle since in a S14 match. He is a poor ref.....end of story. So I'll spare you that internet search.

the gambler said:
Just to clarify my “arrogant” comment that you obviously found offensive, I was referring to you saying the Aussies didn’t even offer a challenge to the Boks. While it may be true, and you are, as you label it, calling it as you see it, I personally found it rude and as I said “verging on arrogant”. I enjoyed your discussion on the relative merits of this Boks side and don’t think you talking about how good this bok side is in relation to past Bok sides is at all arogent, please don’t confuse what I am saying.
Well I was there and saw it lve and still feel the Wallabies havent challenge is in this test. The test was over before half time. If you want me to state something else, sorry Boet thats the way I see it and still see it and will see it over a year. If I qouted something else then I wont qoute the real truth about the way I saw the test and thats just wrong and not me.

the gambler said:
This blog is a sensational place where everyones opinion is respected, especially those foreigners such as yourself who give us a different perspective on certain things. I don’t mean to drag it down to the level of other forums where personal vandettas are rife and name calling the norm, however to come here and call us whiners and whingers for commenting on refs is not appreciated.

Personally I try and stay out of all ref based arguments and even here I have not commented on any of the refs performances this year. I am simply defending the right to discuss a ref. Having reffed the odd game myself, having a brother who is heavily involved in reffing and intending myself to take up the whistle when I hang up the boots, I am very aware that refs make mistakes. However just as a players game is allowed to be analysed post match, so to is a refs performance, whether you are on the winning or losing side. I admire what you teach your son but one must not confuse discussion with whinging.
OK fair I wont do that in future. Will stay away from the reffing in future because it upset you lot. I'll leave it to you and the other decent Aussies to take care of your mates like Naza. He is the sort that give you lot a bad name and make Saffers like myself and Blue react to some of the kak he keep on posting on a decend forum like TYS.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
PaarlBok said:
OK I get your drift finally. Its always good to talk them over and get over it also. My reply

the gambler said:
That one happen two years ago when the Stormers played the Sharks and Schalk got yellowed after Muller hit Mujatsi in the face and he tried to stop the fight and the famous Willie Roos clarify him as joining in. The Stormers was at the time on the verge of a victory and the yellow cost them the game. The previous weekend Roos bluntering costing the Stormers the opening game against the Bulls. The Stormers ended 1 point short of a semi place and it cost us indeed a semi place. Well if you look what happened since to Roos he sure wont blow a WP or Stormers or on Newlands in his life again after that blunders and I am not sure but he never had the whistle since in a S14 match. He is a poor ref.....end of story. So I'll spare you that internet search.

WHINER.

Go and improve your skills

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
the gambler said:
PaarlBok said:

the gambler said:

WHINER.

Go and improve your skills
:lmao: OK I'll do that just dont call me a glaoter. :angryfire:

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
OK.

Just a few handbags thrown. No yellow cards. All good fun. Paarl copped a couple of rakes down the back, but nothing he didn't deserve. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

So, let's get back to the rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.