• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Greg Inglis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wtf? Who has attacked Tahu as a "cry-baby" and "sook" because of the Johns affair?

Bullrush, I believe you're fabricating racist gremlins. :angryfire:

Sledging using sly implications of racism always creates bad blood. My usual response is to tell the sledger to f*ck off, but this is a polite forum so I won't, in this case.
Groucho, calm down, mate. There were a few making such inferences in the media at the time, and I'm sure I read more than a couple of opinions on the Interweb also. Maybe not here. In any event, Bullrush does not deserve such opprobrium.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Groucho, calm down, mate. There were a few making such inferences in the media at the time, and I'm sure I read more than a couple of opinions on the Interweb also. Maybe not here. In any event, Bullrush does not deserve such opprobrium.

Well, cyclo, I just get the strong feeling that Bullrush is making a lot of fishing posts, without using the fushing smiley.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Careful with the big and unusual words.

I almost hijacked a recent thread with a discussion on Blackadder The Third episode with Samual Johnson's dictionary and words such as contrafibularity, anaspectic, and other such "interesting" words.

In theory it would be rather challenging to have a word of the week, posted on Everything Else and points awarded to posters if they can mange to use that word in Rugby Discussion threads during the week. This would take a keen volunteer administrator to monitor a rather pointless competition, fun as it may be in theory. It is highly unlikely that anyone would stick their hand up to be the administrator of such a competition.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, cyclo, I just get the strong feeling that Bullrush is making a lot of fishing posts, without using the fushing smiley.

Maybe, maybe not. Benefit of the doubt, I think. Just thought your response was a leeetle beeet over the top, is all.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Careful with the big and unusual words.

I almost hijacked a recent thread with a discussion on Blackadder The Third episode with Samual Johnson's dictionary and words such as contrafibularity, anaspectic, and other such "interesting" words.

In theory it would be rather challenging to have a word of the week, posted on Everything Else and points awarded to posters if they can mange to use that word in Rugby Discussion threads during the week. This would take a keen volunteer administrator to monitor a rather pointless competition, fun as it may be in theory. It is highly unlikely that anyone would stick their hand up to be the administrator of such a competition.
Or indeed hang their La Jarse out there for others to shoot off!!
La Jarse - your operatic soprano cousin?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You may be the perfect person to administer such a competition.

IIRR you have fessed up to being in IT for your work. A perfect excuse for sitting behind a PC monitoring traffic on G&GR.

I was thinking that on Sunday, the word of the week is posted on Everything Else Word of the Week Thread.

Competitors wishing to claim "word of the Week" points should have to simply post a copy of their post in the "Word of the week" thread for it to count.

Up to you if you want to administrate the comp.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Or indeed hang their La Jarse out there for others to shoot off!!
La Jarse - your operatic soprano cousin?

Garlic scoffing Froggy based family of a 3rd cousin of mine.

Paris Tah may have come across them. The Patriarch of that branch of the family (Reely) lives in a nice apartment in the 16th Arrondissement, near the Metro.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Careful with the big and unusual words... In theory it would be rather challenging to have a word of the week, posted on Everything Else and points awarded to posters if they can mange to use that word in Rugby Discussion threads during the week. This would take a keen volunteer administrator to monitor a rather pointless competition, fun as it may be in theory. It is highly unlikely that anyone would stick their hand up to be the administrator of such a competition.

MMmmmm. I'm tempted.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Garlic scoffing Froggy based family of a 3rd cousin of mine.

Paris Tah may have come across them. The Patriarch of that branch of the family (Reely) lives in a nice apartment in the 16th Arrondissement, near the Metro.

I concede defeat. No more ass jokes tonight!

T

TOCC

Link dismissed the idea of GI on twitter... Says he is to exspensive, lacks a rugby union background, and hasnt heard of any genuine interest from the GI party

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I noticed you were being exceptionally agreeable on the other page.
I agree - Inglis is not worth chasing, or being used by as leverage.

whats that supposed to mean, i may be young, but i can be as grumpy as any 86 year old hyper social conservative...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Link dismissed the idea of GI on twitter... Says he is to exspensive, lacks a rugby union background, and hasnt heard of any genuine interest from the GI party

Hopefully that's the prevailing opinion in senior rugby circles across the country.

Reactions: WB3
Status
Not open for further replies.