• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hard men of australian rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If I recall correctly, the Brial fisticuffs were pay back for a cheap shot that Bunce put on him in a provincial game a couple of seasons earlier. It was a bit weak, even though I always rated Brial as a player and reasonably hard bloke.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Of the post 2000 Wallabies:

Larkham: The ammount of shit that bloke took, without ever giving in, with that wiry frame, is just astonishing.
Sir Stirling: I've never seen anyone, in any form of sport, professional or amateur, have SO little regard for their own well being. Hard as iron, without ever being dirty.
George Smith: Not traditionally hard, but he may as well have been wearing the Ironman suit. 110 Wallaby caps, without ever missing 1 single game due to injury, and (correct me if i'm wrong) about 130 odd games for the Brumbies, missing only 1 game between making his debut in 2000, and when he did that nerve damage last year?
Toutai Kefu: 'nough said.
Phil Waugh: tough as an orc.
David Croft: likewise
David Pocock: Will go down as Smith's equal in legend status.
Owen Finnegan: Reminds me of Homer in the boxing episode. Someone you just beat around the head with a piece of 2 x 4 for hours and have not the slightest effect.

D

deefence

If I recall correctly, the Brial fisticuffs were pay back for a cheap shot that Bunce put on him in a provincial game a couple of seasons earlier. It was a bit weak, even though I always rated Brial as a player and reasonably hard bloke.

Correct NSW vs. All Blacks and Bunce apparently "cleaned out" Brial from a ruck - Brial had his backed turned and copped the full force of Bunce into his kidney..... Payback in 1996 probably didn't go quite to plan with the Match Ball bearign the full force of Brial's fury whilst Bunce probably thought he was back in NZ engaged in foreplay!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
SOP from Frank Bunce, any time he saw an exposed midriff he took it upon himself to belt shit out of it, preferably with a well-timed shoulder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.