• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Heineken European Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Eh? Sorry, but that's balls. Munster are missing Earls, Wallace, Flannery, Sherry and Jones from their match-day 23 alone.
I was talking about during the RWC Thomond, sorry if that wasn't clear. Cockerill keeps going on about his 12 players on RWC duty but I think Leinster had more. Could not agree more, that is what makes Munsters performances all the more impressive, we are doing it without players of that calibre. Incidentally, good to see Fla on BBC alba coverage of edinburgh game, looked fairly relaxed and happy.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Sorry, mun, thought ewe were a Gwlader, and was simply observing the rituals. Die, Turk Scum is one of the all-time great threads by to that particular valley and the correct response to all things Llanelli, to the extent that "It's good, but it's no Die, Turk Scum" is a bye-word, and all because of the immortal reaction of Speedy, the one-eyed baby-munching Felinfoel-addled loon to end them all. To quote it in all its glory:

I don't use gwlad very often, I'm a scum v loyalist, a few oirish there so to NZ and SA, a few sais too, but as yet no aussies, I was hoping to entice one or two of them to it for this weekends game.

We think Speedy melts if he goes east of the Loughor. I'm meeting up with him and the other Uber-Turks at PyS. Quite looking forward to it. :D
You be careful down there, tis said, there are those that venture there who are never to be seen again, those that find their way back, babble incoherently about losing to an inferior side.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
I was talking about during the RWC Thomond, sorry if that wasn't clear. Cockerill keeps going on about his 12 players on RWC duty but I think Leinster had more. Could not agree more, that is what makes Munsters performances all the more impressive, we are doing it without players of that calibre. Incidentally, good to see Fla on BBC alba coverage of edinburgh game, looked fairly relaxed and happy.

But the ronnie on him. Dear God in heaven. I mean, I've known Fla since UCC, and he's never exactly been Dapper Dan; but that thing... :eek:

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)

Basque derby; it's only just - and I mean micrometres - this side of open warfare between two teams whose fans' idea of a good healthy cultural entertainment for the kids is competitive chopping through the 60cm-thick oak log that you're standing on (about 20s is a good time, btw). I'm not surprised. I do love the way that Boyet flicks him to the ground, cocks the right arm to deliver the haymaker and then goes, "O, alors, c'est vous, M. Harinordoquy, ça marche?"

That and the, "Dad, FFS, you're embarrassing me, go back and sit next to mum" from Hairydonkey at the end of the clip.

I worship Hairydonkey. He's the best 8 in the world, bar none, has ball skills that would make Campese gasp and is made out of granite. He'll never move outside of the Basque country, but if he did, I'd sign him up on the spot.

D

dylan24

Just to let you guys down under, I found a good site to keep updated with all the European action. It looks like they do all the main competitions in the southern hemisphere too, so I'll definately be using that when the Super 15's start. Its called Rugby Radar, here's the link; http://rugbyradar.com/

M

machiavelli

Biarritz currently bottom of the Top 14 (see below)

I watched them play Montpelier this pm, they lost despite scoring a wonderful forwards/backs interpassing try.
twas a cracking match.

Their next 2 games in the Heineken Cup are home and away v Treviso.

Mr Blanco is not amused !

Top 14
CLASSEMENT >
SAISON 2011-2012
Equipe Pts Dont bonus J. G. N. P. p. c. Diff.
1. Toulouse 43 5 12 9 1 2 283 178 105
2. Clermont 40 4 12 9 0 3 304 163 141
3. Castres 33 3 12 7 1 4 253 225 28
4. Agen 32 2 11 7 1 3 235 199 36
5. Toulon 30 2 11 6 2 3 215 144 71
6. Stade Français 30 4 12 6 1 5 274 251 23
7. Racing-Métro 92 30 6 12 6 0 6 271 254 17
8. Montpellier 27 5 12 5 1 6 243 234 9
9. Brive 22 8 12 3 1 8 207 195 12
10. Union Bordeaux-Bègles 21 1 11 5 0 6 174 256 -82
11. Bayonne 20 2 12 4 1 7 191 257 -66
12. Perpignan 20 4 12 4 0 8 184 287 -103
13. Lyon OU 17 3 11 3 1 7 154 198 -44
14. Biarritz 15 3 12 2 2 8 144 291 -147

D

dylan24

he is pretty good, fell off the radar a few years ago but brought himself back up in recent seasons

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Howlett will be a big miss for Munster in both games against the Scarlets. He's looked a threat recently, looked to be finding some form and scored a crucial try against Castre.

M

machiavelli

Stumbled across the Toulouse v Toulon game on the tele last night. Burgess looked very impressive.
Excellent Toulouse performance but McAlister was disappointing !
Some super interpassing rugby and tries, Matanouvu's the pick.
Best try of the weekend was Ngwenya's for Biarritz v Montpelier.l

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Howlett will be a big miss for Munster in both games against the Scarlets. He's looked a threat recently, looked to be finding some form and scored a crucial try against Castre.

Perhaps Munster should recall Stringer from his loan agreement w Sacarens and put him in the wing a la Hougaard....!!!! :)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Some cracking fixtures this weekend, Harlequins V Toulouse should he an excellent game, Quims are playing out of their skins at the moment and Toulouse need little introduction. Clermont V Leicester will be worth a look as well. Main game for me is Scarlets V Munster, the winner should be in prime position to top the group of death; Munster by 10 IMHO.

M

machiavelli

Current odds (from french 'PMU') :

(win/Draw/win)

Osprey look tempting ??

Ulster // Aironi Rugby
1,01 26,0 10,0

Cardiff Blues // Edinburgh
1,19 18,0 3,60

Harlequins // Toulouse
1,80 18,0 1,80

Benetton Treviso // Biarritz
2,40 18,0 1,40

Connacht // Gloucester
2,50 18,0 1,38

Castres // Northampton
2,05 18,0 1,55

Racing-Metro 92 // London Irish
1,19 18,0 3,60

Scarlets // Munster
1,80 17,0 1,80

Saracens // Ospreys
1,20 18,0 3,30

Bath // Leinster
2,40 18,0 1,40

Glasgow Warriors // Montpellier
1,65 18,0 1,95

Clermont // Leicester
1,19 18,0 3,60

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Some cracking fixtures this weekend, Harlequins V Toulouse should he an excellent game, Quims are playing out of their skins at the moment and Toulouse need little introduction. Clermont V Leicester will be worth a look as well. Main game for me is Scarlets V Munster, the winner should be in prime position to top the group of death; Munster by 10 IMHO.

Christ, I'd bite the arm off you and every member of your family for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.