• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders high profile signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerousdave

Frank Nicholson (4)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....h3/1383566_10151965109387249_1299703104_n.jpg

They've put up a teaser on their facebook page saying it will be announced on Thursday, 12.01pm Any guesses?

Mine is JOC (James O'Connor)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Any ABs due back who were an incumbent before they left?

Kaino?

If not I'm going for Thomas the tank engine Waldrom ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Whoops, looks like it's Thomas.

NZ has depth enough that they don't need an import and if it was an import, I doubt they would up sell it so much. That's what rules out JOC (James O'Connor) for me, I just couldn't imagine he would warrant the fan fare in NZ.

dangerousdave

Frank Nicholson (4)
Whoops, looks like it's Thomas.

NZ has depth enough that they don't need an import and if it was an import, I doubt they would up sell it so much. That's what rules out JOC (James O'Connor) for me, I just couldn't imagine he would warrant the fan fare in NZ.

So do you have any other evidince of it being Thomas?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If it is named a Duck, then it should sound like a duck and look like a duck.

It would be good to have the Duck back in the Soup.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A letdown perhaps?

Tony Brown added to Highlanders' coaching group

Otago coach Tony Brown will join the Highlanders next year as an assistant coach.

Highlanders head coach Jamie Joseph said Brown's guidance of Otago had been notable.

"I've been impressed with Brownie's performances with Otago over the last couple of years; the team has played with a lot of character and he has shown a great ability to get the best out of his players. I'm looking forward to having his input in the coaching mix for 2014."

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/9321776/Tony-Brown-added-to-Highlanders-coaching-group

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Are they serious? Their teaser was a silhouette of someone wearing their jersey. Common sense would mean that's a player.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Statement from the Highlanders on Facebook

"THE HIGHLANDERS
-STATEMENT-
Apologies to our social network fans - we didn't mean any harm or confusion with our recent post.
We are genuinely excited to have Browny on board and considered it to be an important signing for the Highlanders for 2014.
We're currently reviewing our Facebook protocols.
In the future we'll ensure the language used in any posts cannot be viewed as confusing.
Again, this was not our intention from the start, it was our intention to give our Facebook fans the exclusive on this release.

Thank you for your time."

Status
Not open for further replies.